Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

SSE: Ofgem consultation on Orkney electricity link

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Breelander
Lemon Quarter

SSE: Ofgem consultation on Orkney electricity link

Postby Breelander » December 15th, 2018, 2:26 am

I'm surprised idpickering didn't pick up on this one, being on his doorstep ;). Probably because the RNS came from Ofgem, not SSE themselves.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/ofgem/sse ... 000045151K

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: SSE: Ofgem consultation on Orkney electricity link

Postby idpickering » December 15th, 2018, 6:37 am

Breelander wrote:I'm surprised idpickering didn't pick up on this one, being on his doorstep ;). Probably because the RNS came from Ofgem, not SSE themselves.

Thanks for this Breelander, yes I did miss that. Being fairly barren here we do get hit by high winds (even as I type), in fact this current bout has gone on for four days now. Wind turbines are all the rage here, and we have one that supplies us with electricity. The SSE project is very interesting, and would benefit our lot here.

Ian.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 15th, 2018, 7:10 am

idpickering wrote:
Breelander wrote:I'm surprised idpickering didn't pick up on this one, being on his doorstep ;). Probably because the RNS came from Ofgem, not SSE themselves.

Thanks for this Breelander, yes I did miss that. Being fairly barren here we do get hit by high winds (even as I type), in fact this current bout has gone on for four days now. Wind turbines are all the rage here, and we have one that supplies us with electricity. The SSE project is very interesting, and would benefit our lot here.

Ian.

OT: I'm using an app called "Windy" on my phone which is very good for seeing the various weather systems coming through with winds being coloured according to speed. It makes where you are living now look very dramatic indeed. It illustrates just how much the wind is affected by the land masses and animated too, which is fascinating to watch.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 15th, 2018, 7:35 am

Quite so Arb. We’ve had to adapt, changing the heating in this house, and masses of draft excluders. The bottom line though is, it’s still beautiful up here.

Back on topic though, SSE are a mainstay in my HYP, and I’m glad of there efforts.

Ian.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » December 15th, 2018, 1:11 pm

Baltic here in Aberdeen, blowing a hooley, but still dry. Hoping the power stays on in the wind and forecast freezing rain. SSE have been pretty good at fixing powercuts in the past though.

Back on topic I hope the interconnector to Orkney goes ahead, Ofgem have previous on not funding similar investments in the past.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”