Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

OLTB's HYP - topped up WPP

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
OLTB
Lemon Quarter

OLTB's HYP - topped up WPP

Postby OLTB » March 18th, 2019, 9:42 am

Morning all

I topped up WPP on Friday with some accumulated dividends - HYP now structured as follows:

I note that Greene King has increased in capital value recently - this hasn't been from recent purposeful topping up, more an increase in value from my last top up in Aug 18 when the price I bought at was £4.89 compared to the current £6.61. I will be looking to bring both ITV and WPP up to average holding size as and when accumulated dividends are available and at a level when purchase v costs is reasonable (about £1,200).

Cheers, OLTB.

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Re: OLTB's HYP - topped up WPP

Postby funduffer » March 18th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Mmmmm.....WPP are No.1 in my top-up list as well.

The question is, do I trust the turnaround of WPP is going to work?

Forecast yield is a tempting 7%, but also forecast to be flat this year and next.

Could be a yield trap, not sure about this one.

I will mull a bit longer, as all my top-ups are suspended until after 29th March, when everything political will be clear! :lol:

FD

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Re: OLTB's HYP - topped up WPP

Postby daveh » March 18th, 2019, 6:01 pm

funduffer wrote:Mmmmm.....WPP are No.1 in my top-up list as well.

I will mull a bit longer, as all my top-ups are suspended until after 29th March, when everything political will be clear! :lol:

FD

as mud. ;)

I'll start thinking about doing more than investing dividends after April 5th when I can start adding to next years ISA. Not sure where I'll direct cash yet, but HYPTUSS has the following top up order 1) VOD; 2) MKS; 3) S32; 4) PFC; 5= GFRD and WMH; 7) LLPC/D; 8= BP, DC. and BT. I can find good reasons to not invest in most of those. I'd probably be happy with S32, PFC and BP

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”