Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Tate & Lyle Trading Statement.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Tate & Lyle Trading Statement.

Postby idpickering » February 7th, 2019, 7:04 am

TRADING STATEMENT

Tate & Lyle issues the following trading statement for the three months ended 31 December 2018.

Group adjusted profit before tax in constant currency in the quarter was ahead of the comparative period. Our outlook for the year ending 31 March 2019 remains unchanged.

Food & Beverage Solutions

Food & Beverage Solutions performed well with volume growth in line with the first half. Volume growth in North America and Asia Pacific and Latin America showed continued momentum. In Europe, Middle East and Africa, we continued to focus on mix improvement. Adjusted operating profit in the quarter was higher than the comparative period.

Sucralose

Volume was higher benefitting from a programme to optimise production at our facility in McIntosh, Alabama, and adjusted operating profit was slightly ahead of the comparative period.

Primary Products

During the quarter, we saw weaker demand in North American sweeteners leading to lower volume and adjusted operating profit was lower than the comparative period. The 2019 calendar year bulk sweetener pricing round is nearing completion with margins broadly in line with the prior year

https://www.investegate.co.uk/tate---38 ... 0000Z3688/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Tate & Lyle Trading Statement.

Postby idpickering » February 7th, 2019, 7:54 am

A fairly upbeat update, I hold, but am unlikely to top up as there are higher yields on offer elsewhere.

Ian.

Darka
Lemon Slice

Postby Darka » February 7th, 2019, 8:00 am

Thanks Ian,

I used to hold but don't anymore.
However, just wanted to say thank you for posting these statements; I know lots of us do appreciate them even if some don't.

regards,
Darka

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » February 7th, 2019, 8:07 am

Darka wrote:Thanks Ian,

However, just wanted to say thank you for posting these statements; I know lots of us do appreciate them even if some don't.

regards,
Darka

Thank you for your kind comment. Back to TATE, they’re weak on market opening, but I’m still not tempted.

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » February 7th, 2019, 10:22 am

Ian, another of mine there, I hope their dividend has turned the corner, we had a small increase last year after 3 or 4 years in the doldrums. I'm heartened by statements like volume growth, continued momentum, higher adjusted profit as you say upbeat - but of course they would say that. I can't see a forecast yield from webfg my usual source but on current numbers at 4.2% as you say there are higher yielders and this one hasn't a shining record of inflation beating increases either.

IanTHughes
Lemon Quarter

Postby IanTHughes » February 7th, 2019, 10:37 am

kempiejon wrote:Ian, another of mine there, I hope their dividend has turned the corner, we had a small increase last year after 3 or 4 years in the doldrums. I'm heartened by statements like volume growth, continued momentum, higher adjusted profit as you say upbeat - but of course they would say that. I can't see a forecast yield from webfg my usual source but on current numbers at 4.2% as you say there are higher yielders and this one hasn't a shining record of inflation beating increases either.

Missing the sweet smell of success? :-)

I picked this one up with three small purchases in the last quarter of 2015, since when they have done .... well ..... OK! There has been a held dividend and now what looks like being a small rise for this year - ending 31 Mar 19. I have had better but then again I have had worse :-) So "OK" it is.

No, not a contender for a top-up at present as there are higher and what look like sustainable yields elsewhere. But, Tate & Lyle (TATE) are making a contribution and I am glad I bought them when I did

Ian

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » February 7th, 2019, 11:01 am

Ian, I've done OK, bought in 2005,7,8, and 2016. they should have been off the list when the dividend was held so 2016 might have been a bit previous though I am happy to see it's inching up.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » February 7th, 2019, 11:21 am

I'm happy enough with TATE. It's one of those shares that hides away at the bottom of my list and doesn't attract attention for the wrong reasons.

Modest yield, modest growth, but no disasters. Only 6.55% XIRR (from April 2007 until today) and worse, 1.67%pa growth in dividends (5 years) or 2.68%pa (7 years) - but I'd take that over too much fun and frolic!

Oh, and to add to the "happy" my capital is worth more than it was and the yield on my original is over 5%. You can always find something better, but this history is just about good enough for me.

Arb.

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » February 7th, 2019, 1:16 pm

Darka wrote:Thanks Ian,

regards,
Darka

I don't believe that anyone has said that they don't appreciate trading statements and results being posted. I certainly appreciate them very much.

MDW1954

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”