Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

dividends CAAG

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
IanTHughes
Lemon Quarter

Re: dividends CAAG

Postby IanTHughes » March 5th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
IanTHughes wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:Therein lies the problem. Aviva has a lousy record but might improve

Aviva PLC (AV) was one of four very first HYP purchases, back in February 2012. A year later the dividend was cut by 40%. As it stands now this holding shows a total return of over 8.00% and the dividend increase over the last five years has been 13.5% annually.

Sure, I have holdings with better results but "lousy"? I don't think so. And, over the past five years, it has been a star.

Timing the market, not time in :lol: Aviva has been dire, and like you it was one of my first buys - in 2007.

Ok, I do see your point :o My timing was definitely better than yours :lol:

Ian

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: dividends CAAG

Postby Dod101 » March 5th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Like Standard Chartered and BP, I regard Aviva and RSA as accident prone. It is all down to culture you know! With shares like that it is knowing when to buy (and then sell!) that is important.

Dod

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”