Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Manx Telecom News

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Manx Telecom News

Postby Arborbridge » March 15th, 2019, 9:43 am

monabri wrote:Simply Wall St claims to " cover 41 exchanges across 27 markets" and "We analyse 75,000 stocks every 6 hours using our internationally recognised model ".

That's why, until very recently, the div cover for BATS was reported as 11.? (Its only just been corrected). Computer says " No".
Where is the check that says " nah, that's rubbish"?

Have a look at the SWS model for Just Group....all looks rosey. Then we have news in Just Group discussed here:-

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15710

Another example: the SWS analysis reckons that SSE has a P/E of 42.

I've subscribed to SWS for 2 years now but there have been MANY occasions when I've seen (obvious) errors.

SWS is useful but I urge caution.

One should always double check - fair warning Monabri! The SWS site looks good with all its charts etc, but after a while this morning, I've already got indigestion and gone crossed eyed! And I still don't feel much wiser... A love a good chart, but one can have too much of a good thing.

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » March 15th, 2019, 9:50 am

monabri wrote:Simply Wall St claims to " cover 41 exchanges across 27 markets" and "We analyse 75,000 stocks every 6 hours using our internationally recognised model ".

That's why, until very recently, the div cover for BATS was reported as 11.? (Its only just been corrected). Computer says " No".
Where is the check that says " nah, that's rubbish"?

Have a look at the SWS model for Just Group....all looks rosey. Then we have news in Just Group discussed here:-

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15710

Another example: the SWS analysis reckons that SSE has a P/E of 42.

I've subscribed to SWS for 2 years now but there have been MANY occasions when I've seen (obvious) errors.

SWS is useful but I urge caution.

Totally agree. I think that SWS's valuation of MANX at 384p is crazy. It's just another tool. 4-traders (a.k.a. marketscreener) is another "free" site which must be treated cautiously. For the OM of Imperial Brand

https://www.marketscreener.com/IMPERIAL ... inancials/

they state OM of about 40%. Using IMBs financial statements I found it to be a lot less, and reason for the discrepancy? 4-traders missed the leading "2" from the revenues figure!

Matt

OZYU
2 Lemon pips

Postby OZYU » March 15th, 2019, 9:56 am

Sold mine, as I often do on such occasions, on announcement, since the divi was built into the price on offer.

I am fully aware that these things can go both ways, with either a higher bidder emerging, or the deal falling through, but I tend to prefer a bird in the hand in such matters.

Another of my 'diversifier smaller caps' gone, too bad, as I thought it might have done well going forward. The investment produced a satisfactory return. Re invested across a few current holdings, as I had plenty of divi income and my final ISA top up in this financial to add to this.

Ozyu

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » March 15th, 2019, 10:11 am

Yes, I ummed and ahhed about my sale, but indeed a bird in hand is a strong persuader.

What pushed it for me was what the CEO said:

Mr Lamb said the deal made sense given that the company would struggle to invest in upgrading its network to 5G and full fibre optic connections while maintaining its progressive dividend policy, which has been an attraction for investors. It is also investing in a start-up business called Goshawk that aims to improve mobile phone services for hard of hearing users.

Perhaps he played this card too early? I guess it's his way of signalling to the shareholders to approve the board's proposal....I can't see any other reason he should come out with that remark without prompting....

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”