Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Stephen Bland - New HYP Portfolio @ Stockopedia

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
miner1000
2 Lemon pips

Re: Stephen Bland - New HYP Portfolio @ Stockopedia

Postby miner1000 » May 16th, 2019, 11:49 am

Is PYAD providing any commentary on this portfolio over time or was it a one of 'fire and forget' exercise? ... I do not subscribe to Stockopedia so can't check for myself.

No commentary is really necessary. Check back after one, two, three or ten years, and compare capital value of the HYP then and now plus income received. If it works it works. If it doesnt, it will be obvious. But there is no point jumping every time there is a dividend cut or indeed an increase.

If I understand correctly, Ian will provide regular updates and can comment on successes and failures as he or anyone else sees fit. The fact that VOD is now only yielding 5% is largely irrelevant. The cut was already mostly in the price.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » May 16th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
Wizard wrote:Of course the ultimate irony is that he has made only one contribution to this thread, to (correctly) report a copyright infringement.

I have a view about why he does not contribute very much. I've noticed that Pyad generally remains above the fray and keeps a statesman-like distance from detailed argument. He will sometimes descend to clear up a point where he thinks we have something badly wrong, but otherwise remains aloof.

I rather admire that: he isn't going to waste his time defending every little battle which turns up. It's perfectly in keeping with a guru not to waste words, but to interject only when it is important.

Arb.

==================================

i often wonder if he isnt laughing himself to sleep...

:lol: :lol:

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » May 16th, 2019, 1:01 pm

jackdaww wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:
Wizard wrote:Of course the ultimate irony is that he has made only one contribution to this thread, to (correctly) report a copyright infringement.

I have a view about why he does not contribute very much. I've noticed that Pyad generally remains above the fray and keeps a statesman-like distance from detailed argument. He will sometimes descend to clear up a point where he thinks we have something badly wrong, but otherwise remains aloof.

I rather admire that: he isn't going to waste his time defending every little battle which turns up. It's perfectly in keeping with a guru not to waste words, but to interject only when it is important.

i often wonder if he isnt laughing himself to sleep...

The films that I am reminded of in this context are Being There and Life of Brian.

Or perhaps the tale of the Emporer's New Clothes :D

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”