Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Stock Filter

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Lewcam71

Stock Filter

Postby Lewcam71 » April 6th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Hi,

I used to follow the HYP on the Motley Fool and looking to resurrect this.

Can anyone recommend a decent and free stock filter.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Stock Filter

Postby kiloran » April 6th, 2019, 9:10 pm

This is free. You can decide if it's decent. FTSE350 only
http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... se350.html

--kiloran

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » April 9th, 2019, 2:23 pm

More of a starting point than a 'one stop shop' filter, but you can do some basics on yield and dividend histories at...

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 9th, 2019, 3:20 pm

Wizard wrote:More of a starting point than a 'one stop shop' filter, but you can do some basics on yield and dividend histories at...

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/

I gave up on digitallook, and now use dividenddata.

Ian.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » April 10th, 2019, 4:17 pm

idpickering wrote:I gave up on digitallook, and now use dividenddata.

I still use DigitalLook for my Portfolio and my custom filters. It still works if you can avoid being redirected to WebFG/Sharecast at the sign in stage. To do that, go to finance.digitallook.com rather than www.... then click the Login button top right.

http://finance.digitallook.com/

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » April 11th, 2019, 8:37 am

Breelander wrote:I still use DigitalLook for my Portfolio and my custom filters. It still works if you can avoid being redirected to WebFG/Sharecast at the sign in stage. To do that, go to finance.digitallook.com rather than www.... then click the Login button top right.

http://finance.digitallook.com/

I would however suggest that there are clear signs that they're phasing out the old DigitalLook functionality... So if I faced the issue (which I don't - I use the site, but only to look up dividend forecasts, not to store portfolios, filters or any other data), I would be making it a priority to take copies of my data off the site and find something more permanent-looking for its functionality.

Gengulphus

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » April 11th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Gengulphus wrote:...if I faced the issue (which I don't...), I would be making it a priority to take copies of my data off the site and find something more permanent-looking for its functionality.

Don't worry, I did that four years ago :D

Breelander (2015) wrote: ...I thought I'd see how easy it was to duplicate my DL portfolio on the FT site portfolio.ft.com (free registration required). Having played with it I think I still prefer the DigitalLook site, but the FT has some advantages over DL if you want to retrospectively construct your dealing history.
https://web.archive.org/web/20161115151 ... sort=whole

When did WebFG take over DL? I forget now, but it must have been over a year ago. When did the start making it 'awkward' to access DL? Six months ago.

bluedonkey » October 15th, 2018, 4:31 pm
I keep details of my portfolios on Digital Look. It's often a bit cranky but today I find that when I click on "Portfolio", there are none there...

GeoffF100 » October 16th, 2018, 9:13 am
I succeeded in logging in to Digital Look, but was then presented with a WebFG login...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14221

TBH I'm amazed the DL portfolio is still functional, but while it is I'll continue to use it. When it dies... well... I do have the FT, even if it is less convenient to use.

The layouts of DL's Portfolio summary and Transaction Statement pages are the most convenient I have found. The only thing DL lacks is any way to export your holdings, but you can get round that....

Breelander wrote:The Portfolio can be selected, copied, then pasted into a spreadsheet with 'paste special' (in Excel use 'match destination format', or in LibreOffice paste as unformatted text, tab delimited). The Portfolio will require a little tidying up after pasting into a spreadsheet. You will need to adjust column widths and there are a few unwanted bits to clear. But no tidying up will be required for the Statement apart for column widths.

Here's a demo I made of one of my dummy portfolios, click on it to view full screen....
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14221&start=20#p176586

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » April 11th, 2019, 2:14 pm

Breelander wrote:TBH I'm amazed the DL portfolio is still functional, but while it is I'll continue to use it. When it dies... well... I do have the FT, even if it is less convenient to use.

It looks like it may finally have died... getting a 502 Bad Gateway on the finance.digitallook.com link

torata

ax1709cjm

Postby ax1709cjm » April 11th, 2019, 3:45 pm

torata wrote:
Breelander wrote:TBH I'm amazed the DL portfolio is still functional, but while it is I'll continue to use it. When it dies... well... I do have the FT, even if it is less convenient to use.

It looks like it may finally have died... getting a 502 Bad Gateway on the finance.digitallook.com link

torata

Yes I'm currently getting the same thing: 502 Bad Gateway.
I have seen this before and it has recovered before, so lets wait and see what happens next...

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » April 11th, 2019, 4:18 pm

ax1709cjm wrote:
torata wrote:

torata

Yes I'm currently getting the same thing: 502 Bad Gateway.
I have seen this before and it has recovered before, so lets wait and see what happens next...

Ditto. I saw this last week, but it recovered. I would expect something more 'terminal' if the plug had been pulled. A 'connection refused' or a redirect to WebFG....

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » April 11th, 2019, 5:47 pm

ax1709cjm wrote:
torata wrote:It looks like it may finally have died... getting a 502 Bad Gateway on the finance.digitallook.com link
Yes I'm currently getting the same thing: 502 Bad Gateway...

And http://finance.digitallook.com is back again and I can sign in. Looks like someone has rebooted the server.

Lewcam71

Postby Lewcam71 » April 11th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Lewcam71 wrote:Hi,

I used to follow the HYP on the Motley Fool and looking to resurrect this.

Can anyone recommend a decent and free stock filter.

Thanks to everyone who has responded

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”