Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Arb's April topups

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Arb's April topups

Postby Dod101 » April 18th, 2019, 10:12 pm

richfool wrote:That all sounds a bit mysterious, - like it's an exercise in smoke and mirrors! Surely all it did, after SL merged with Aberdeen, was to sell off its life book/portfolio, to concentrate on asset management, and it's going through a period of change.

As far as I am aware, it hasn't cut its dividend, indeed it has stated that it will be maintained for 2019. I would guess after that it will depend on how the business performs.

Moderator Message:
Possibly actionable comment removed
That is how Martin Gilbert operates. Fundamental to understanding how Aberdeen worked and I am not sure that Skeoch, the CEO, has quite the drive to change that.

I am sure you are right that SLA has not cut its dividend. It might even maintain it for 2019 but I would not count on it.

Dod

IanTHughes
Lemon Quarter

Postby IanTHughes » April 18th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Dod101 wrote:
richfool wrote:That all sounds a bit mysterious, - like it's an exercise in smoke and mirrors! Surely all it did, after SL merged with Aberdeen, was to sell off its life book/portfolio, to concentrate on asset management, and it's going through a period of change.

As far as I am aware, it hasn't cut its dividend, indeed it has stated that it will be maintained for 2019. I would guess after that it will depend on how the business performs.

(comment deleted)That is how Martin Gilbert operates. Fundamental to understanding how Aberdeen worked and I am not sure that Skeoch, the CEO, has quite the drive to change that.

Can you in any way substantiate those accusations? I have to say that, without substantiation, such accusations are meaningless and it appears to me to be simply made-up nonsense to bolster an otherwise weak argument. I may be wrong of course, but I would not count on it.

Dod101 wrote:I am sure you are right that SLA has not cut its dividend. It might even maintain it for 2019 but I would not count on it.

It has already been stated by the company that the dividend for 2019 will be held at 23.60p. What piece of that do you not understand?

Ian

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » April 18th, 2019, 10:43 pm

ITH

I have no intention of engaging with you. I have said my piece. Let it rest there.

Dod
Moderator Message:
I think it might be as well if we stopped this spat right here. I'll delete any more posts which are off topic. Some of the above could be considered slanderous or libellous, and we do not want the site owners sued, do we.

TJH

IanTHughes
Lemon Quarter

Postby IanTHughes » April 19th, 2019, 11:08 am

Arborbridge wrote:I've already bought a new holding this month (Smith, D S) but this leaves cash in the same account for a couple of topups.
The winners were VOD (up to median weight) and SLA (just under median weight)

Excellent choices, all three. I for one whole-heartedly approve

Ian

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”