Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Miner1000 Tradiing

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
miner1000
2 Lemon pips

Miner1000 Tradiing

Postby miner1000 » June 14th, 2019, 9:49 am

I don't buy shares very often these days and sell even less frequently. However after reading the recent research on the cash position at Astrazeneca, I decided to reduce my exposure to AZN and deploy the sale proceeds elsewhere.

So last week I sold half my holding of AZN (the half I retained is still worth more than 1 holding equivalent). I used the proceeds to buy a full additional holding in Imperial Brands (IMB).

My HYP now consists of:
Aviva
Astrazeneca
BAE Systems
Balfour Beatty
Berkeley Group
British Land
Centrica
Ceres Power Holdings
Diageo
HICL Infrastructure
First Group
Glaxosmithkline
Imperial Brands
Inmarsat
Legal and General
Lloyds Banking Group
Lucara Diamonds
Marstons
Morrisons
National Grid
Numis Corporation
Pennon
Phoenix Group
Pearson
Rio Tinto
Royal Dutch Shell
RSA
Shroders (SDRC)
Standard Life Aberdeen
SSE
Tate and Lyle
Tesco
Unilever
Vodafone
Wood Group.

I realise some of these may not be buys today, but many were hyp favourites when I bought them. One or two may not even be considered to be HYP shares but I dont distinguish in my portfolio. Ceres Power may one day pay a very healthy divi.

I don't unitise, but for information The capital value is up around 4% over the lifetime of the portfolio built up over 12 years (mostly the early period) including the complete write off of Carillion. And it has returned a very healthy dividend income since my retirement 10 years ago. I am happy with its performance.

Now, back to sleep.

Miner

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Miner1000 Tradiing

Postby idpickering » June 14th, 2019, 10:09 am

Thanks for sharing Miner. I’ve top sliced my AZN holdings late last year, so you’re not alone.
We don’t see you around here much sadly.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”