Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

TATE & LYLE PLC STATEMENT OF FULL YEAR RESULTS

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

TATE & LYLE PLC STATEMENT OF FULL YEAR RESULTS

Postby idpickering » May 23rd, 2019, 7:08 am

Key highlights

· Group delivered solid financial progress

‒ Food & Beverage Solutions maintained momentum

‒ Sucralose performed strongly

‒ Primary Products volume in line with prior year despite challenging market conditions

· Progress on each of 'Sharpen, Accelerate, Simplify' priorities

· Four-year US$100m productivity programme on track, with benefits offsetting cost inflation

· Strengthened balance sheet provides flexibility to invest in long-term growth

And later

Dividend

The Board is recommending a 0.5p or 2.5% increase in the final dividend to 20.8p (2018 - 20.3p) per share. This increased final dividend makes a full year dividend of 29.4p (2018 - 28.7p) per share, up 2.4% on the prior year. Subject to shareholder approval, the proposed final dividend will be due and payable on 31 July 2019 to all shareholders on the Register of Members on 21 June 2019. In addition to the cash dividend option, shareholders will continue to be offered a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) alternative.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/tate---38 ... 00049109Z/

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: TATE & LYLE PLC STATEMENT OF FULL YEAR RESULTS

Postby idpickering » May 23rd, 2019, 9:02 am

This not well received it seems with the sp down over 3%. I hold, and shall continue to do so. A useful stock to provide some diversification to my HYP.

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » May 23rd, 2019, 10:42 am

I sold unsheltered TATE before tax year end for a profit and to move cash to my ISA. The recycled cash didn't go into Tate, not specifically because I had held off buying TATE in previous years as the dividend had been static for a while; I see I'll not be just now because its not high yield.

Julian
Lemon Quarter

Postby Julian » May 23rd, 2019, 10:54 am

kempiejon wrote:I sold unsheltered TATE before tax year end for a profit and to move cash to my ISA. The recycled cash didn't go into Tate, not specifically because I had held off buying TATE in previous years as the dividend had been static for a while; I see I'll not be just now because its not high yield.

I haven't recalculated this week but when I ranked all my HYP holdings by hand-calculated yields(*) last Friday TATE came out as my third-lowest yielder behind Diageo in first place and Unilever in second place. After TATE my next lowest yielder was (somewhat to my surprise) Astra Zeneca in 4th place. With the TATE divi increase just declared and the fall in share price today TATE's yield has obviously risen a bit and is probably now in 4th place behind AZN in the competition for being the lowest yielder in my HYP.

- Julian

(*) Hand calculated as in I divided divi in pence from my records by Friday close price myself rather than take any pre-calculated yield from a financial site where I couldn't be sure exactly what divi numbers it had used.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 23rd, 2019, 1:06 pm

dividendata have TATE yield at 3.7%. A useful hold for me.

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividend ... alDiv=true

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » May 23rd, 2019, 2:00 pm

idpickering wrote:dividendata have TATE yield at 3.7%. A useful hold for me.

Ian.

Ian, I have held TATE since the first year of HYPing 2005. I still have some in the ISAd bit of the HYP having sold the unsheltered earlier this year. I'm pleased to see the income creeping up again after a couple of years' hiatus. From dividenddata I see the compound annual growth has been 1.27% 2.53% 3.03% over 5, 10 and 15 years so not inflation busting recently, hopefully that trend will reverse. They are a little under weight but I'll not be buying anymore at the current yield.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 23rd, 2019, 2:23 pm

kempiejon wrote:
idpickering wrote:dividendata have TATE yield at 3.7%. A useful hold for me.

Ian.

Ian, I have held TATE since the first year of HYPing 2005. I still have some in the ISAd bit of the HYP having sold the unsheltered earlier this year. I'm pleased to see the income creeping up again after a couple of years' hiatus. From dividenddata I see the compound annual growth has been 1.27% 2.53% 3.03% over 5, 10 and 15 years so not inflation busting recently, hopefully that trend will reverse. They are a little under weight but I'll not be buying anymore at the current yield.

Thanks for your input kempiejon. As I mentioned earlier, TATE are a useful hold for me, but I don't intend topping up currently.

Cheers,

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”