Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

AstraZeneca: Where Has All the Cash Gone?

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
YeeWo
Lemon Slice

Re: AstraZeneca: Where Has All the Cash Gone?

Postby YeeWo » July 30th, 2019, 8:56 am

Arborbridge wrote:You surprise me a little. I thought you would turn away from GSK on the grounds that the dividend hasn't gone anywhere for a long time, and neither is there any compensation in the share price growth. Surely, not your sort of investment? Arb.
Not very HYP-ish, but I'm sure you're aware GSK is in the process of being split into two business by Emma Walmsley and the team at GSK. Considerable value may very well be released by this process........

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 30th, 2019, 9:17 am

I think that Glaxo is now showing some signs of life. YeeWo's point is not lost on me.

Furthermore I certainly did not see the sort of growth in the share price of AstraZeneca; in fact I think it was Glaxo that was being touted as the better option. For HYPers, though, neither is very attractive in terms of a sustainable and growing dividend. Yesterday's sale of some Astra was simply to capture the growth in share price and I wanted to remain in healthcare so I think buying Glaxo was a decent move. As always only time will tell.

Dod

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » July 30th, 2019, 1:01 pm

I'd like to think that GSK (which has so far been disappointing for me) will buck up under Emma Walmsley. Interestingly, I see that they also have a drug for ovarian cancer (the non-BRAC type this time, however) which is also doing well so it and AZN would not be competing against each other in this case and could both do well under the relaxed rules re using in earlier stages of the disease.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”