Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

RDSB Q1 sterling dividend

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
peterh
2 Lemon pips

RDSB Q1 sterling dividend

Postby peterh » June 11th, 2019, 10:28 pm

It can be a bit tricky to find, but the sterling rate announcement was made today.

Dividends on B Shares will be paid, by default, in pounds sterling at the rate of 36.97p per B Share. Holders of B Shares who have validly submitted euro currency elections by June 3, 2019 will be entitled to a dividend of €0.4154 per B Share.

This dividend will be payable on June 24, 2019 to those members whose names were on the Register of Members on May 17, 2019.

5.1% up on Q1 last year and 2.9% up on the last dividend, Q4 (all down to exchange rates, of course).

From: https://tools.eurolandir.com/tools/Pres ... uk-rdsa&v=

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: RDSB Q1 sterling dividend

Postby PinkDalek » June 11th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Possibly easier to find in the future here:

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... ml?lang=en which leads to

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 07046.html

Other websites are available.

peterh
2 Lemon pips

Postby peterh » June 11th, 2019, 11:04 pm

PinkDalek wrote:Possibly easier to find in the future here:

Thanks! I don't know if I'm 'old school' or not, but I tend to look on the company's own website for the info first - and some of them can hide it away :D

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » June 12th, 2019, 3:59 pm

The problem for we bears of little brain is that the RNS came out late afternoon, close to or after the close of business. As I recall, it did not show up on the lists of posts on ADVFN's boards, so it needed someone sharp eyed or alert to spot it and post the information. When I looked on Investegate this morning, there it was, but being posted yesterday you had to look for it.

It's a pity that they cannot post the information at 7am the next morning, when it is more likely to show up.

TJH

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » June 12th, 2019, 4:08 pm

tjh290633 wrote:When I looked on Investegate this morning, there it was, but being posted yesterday you had to look for it.

It's a pity that they cannot post the information at 7am the next morning, when it is more likely to show up.

There are reasons for the 'late' RNS that have been explained before. What I should have mentioned in my prior reply is that it is possible to set alerts at the London Stock Exchange/Investegate etc, as I'm sure you know, such that these things arrive in your email inbox in good time.

Not that I bother with many of my holdings, as the dividend news often arrives at TLF before I've awoken from by much needed beauty sleep. ;)

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » June 12th, 2019, 4:28 pm

The last thing I want is a few hundred alerts each day, about things I do not want to know.

I should have noted the date from the RNS announcing the dividend, but failed to do so on this occasion. Even so, I would have looked in the morning, not at least 20 minutes after the close of play.

The time of posting was 4.46pm, by the way

TJH

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » June 12th, 2019, 5:17 pm

tjh290633 wrote:The last thing I want is a few hundred alerts each day, about things I do not want to know.

Then restrict the alerts to those you wish to receive. Such as RDSB dividend RNSs.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » June 12th, 2019, 5:25 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
tjh290633 wrote:The last thing I want is a few hundred alerts each day, about things I do not want to know.

Then restrict the alerts to those you wish to receive. Such as RDSB dividend RNSs.

I still receive quite a lot of rubbish from Investigate even with my alerts list just for the company's I'm interested in..

Interestingly I've stopped receiving much from Shell, everything seems to be released under RDSA and almost nothing under RDSB. I'm sure it didn't used to be like that.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » June 12th, 2019, 6:07 pm

daveh wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:
tjh290633 wrote:
The last thing I want is a few hundred alerts each day, about things I do not want to know.

I still receive quite a lot of rubbish from Investigate even with my alerts list just for the company's I'm interested in..

As an advocate of Investegate, and their incredibly useful emailed RNS news-alerts, I'd agree that the alert-filters could be improved at-source slightly, but I just wanted to suggest that most email clients also have rule-based filters available at the mail-box end, and I find that to be a very useful additional method to filter out the relatively small number of regular RNS's that I'm generally not interested in.

I think it's a great, free resource, that can be tailored to suit the shares you either hold or are interested in, and if anyone else is interested in giving it a go, then the free registration process can be found here -

https://www.investegate.co.uk/Alertregistration.aspx

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » June 13th, 2019, 8:55 am

Itsallaguess wrote:As an advocate of Investegate, and their incredibly useful emailed RNS news-alerts, I'd agree that the alert-filters could be improved at-source slightly, but I just wanted to suggest that most email clients also have rule-based filters available at the mail-box end, and I find that to be a very useful additional method to filter out the relatively small number of regular RNS's that I'm generally not interested in.

I think it's a great, free resource, that can be tailored to suit the shares you either hold or are interested in, and if anyone else is interested in giving it a go, then the free registration process can be found here -

https://www.investegate.co.uk/Alertregistration.aspx

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

I don't disagree, I find it extremely useful and I already have my email client set up so investegate emails appear in their own folder, I hadn't thought about trying to cull the likes of director dealings. I'll have to investigate how to do that.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » June 15th, 2019, 6:47 am

daveh wrote:
I hadn't thought about trying to cull the likes of director dealings. I'll have to investigate how to do that.

If you set up some 'Subject contains' rules for the following InvestEgate RNS alerts to be 'Marked as Read' and then 'Deleted', then that removes the bulk of the ones I'm never interested in seeing -

Director/PDMR Shareholding

Holding(s) in Company

Transaction in Own Shares

Form 8.3

Form 8.5

Directorate Change

I've had the above set up for a number of years now, and the vast majority of the remaining alerts are usually the ones I'm interested in being aware of, but obviously once you've learnt how to do this for your particular email client, then you can modify to suit for your own personal tastes.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”