Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Vodafone topped up

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Re: Vodafone topped up

Postby Wizard » July 3rd, 2019, 12:25 pm

IanTHughes wrote:
Wizard wrote:Since posting the above I have had a quick look and the position is as follows.

I have purchased 22 shares for my HYP. I sold one and reinvested the proceeds as they started to use the dividend pot for buy backs instead. One share was totally wiped out. Of the 20 left 6 are above water in pure capital terms, 14 are showing a loss. Biggest winner Rio Tinto up c.50%, biggest loser (excluding the wipe out) Royal Mail down c.56%. Total capital loss c.19% of funds invested. Income / capital returned c.12% of funds invested. Net position a loss of c.7% over about 3 years.

Only three years? Only 7%? You are determining the success or failure of the HYP Strategy, a Long Term Buy and Hold strategy, as a failure, because you have lost 7% over only three years? I am sorry but, if you seriously believe that a 7% decline over three years is sufficient evidence with which to measure HYP, or indeed any Equity strategy, then maybe you should stick to Cash and / or Fixed Income investments! From my own HYP, between October 2016 and 31 December 2018, a significant part of your 3 year period, the Accumulation Unit value dropped 7.56%!

My HYP is now over 7 years old but it was only when it passed the 5 year mark that I felt it could be properly assessed with regard to success or failure, Income and Capital.

Ian

I agree 3 years is not a huge track record, hence why I wanted to be transparent by making that clear.

But as a comparison I could have put my money in to CTY 3 years ago, I would be up c.13% in capital terms with another c.14% returned in income for a total gain of c.27%. So whilst I am c.7% down against doing nothing, my HYP is more like c.34% down against a reasonable benchmark.

But we are getting off topic for this board so I will not take this any further.

IanTHughes
Lemon Quarter

Postby IanTHughes » July 3rd, 2019, 12:37 pm

Wizard wrote:
IanTHughes wrote:
Wizard wrote:Since posting the above I have had a quick look and the position is as follows.

I have purchased 22 shares for my HYP. I sold one and reinvested the proceeds as they started to use the dividend pot for buy backs instead. One share was totally wiped out. Of the 20 left 6 are above water in pure capital terms, 14 are showing a loss. Biggest winner Rio Tinto up c.50%, biggest loser (excluding the wipe out) Royal Mail down c.56%. Total capital loss c.19% of funds invested. Income / capital returned c.12% of funds invested. Net position a loss of c.7% over about 3 years.

Only three years? Only 7%? You are determining the success or failure of the HYP Strategy, a Long Term Buy and Hold strategy, as a failure, because you have lost 7% over only three years? I am sorry but, if you seriously believe that a 7% decline over three years is sufficient evidence with which to measure HYP, or indeed any Equity strategy, then maybe you should stick to Cash and / or Fixed Income investments! From my own HYP, between October 2016 and 31 December 2018, a significant part of your 3 year period, the Accumulation Unit value dropped 7.56%!

My HYP is now over 7 years old but it was only when it passed the 5 year mark that I felt it could be properly assessed with regard to success or failure, Income and Capital.

I agree 3 years is not a huge track record, hence why I wanted to be transparent by making that clear.

But as a comparison I could have put my money in to CTY 3 years ago, I would be up c.13% in capital terms with another c.14% returned in income for a total gain of c.27%. So whilst I am c.7% down against doing nothing, my HYP is more like c.34% down against a reasonable benchmark.

Not bad but if I had hindsight available I would do a lot better than that!

Ian

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » July 3rd, 2019, 12:56 pm

Moderator Message:
Guys, if you wish to discuss the merits of HYP strategies please could you carry on with this on the HYP Strategies General board. Thanks - Chris

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » July 3rd, 2019, 7:49 pm

Luniversal wrote:Not so sure about 'plenty of choice' these days. ...
For illustration, here is a 'dividend aristocrats' HYP which I posted on TMF in Nov. 2015. It is made up of 15 shares whose divis had each grown by 10% pa or more compound (i.e. c. 7% real) ever since 2000. None had ever reduced income in nominal amount between financial years. They were well prized by punters, but were yielding enough for a portfolio average yield of 3.3%: one-tenth below the All-Share.

The idea was to play fast catch-up: the average payout growth was 14.9% pa (which already sounds nostalgic when Imps is regarded as remarkable for committing to 10%). An eternity investor ought to bear the first few years' subpar payout for the sake of the juiciness to come.
... [Portfolio list of shares omitted for brevity - it's available in my table below] ...
I wrote then: "Nobody can say whether or when any income portfolio would begin to act up. But if these did, the holder would be entitled to grumble loudly."

Well, grumble away... because less than four years later, half this lot are in the doldrums or worse.

Vodafone and Mitie are cutters, Capita and Cobham are off the list and SSE's payout looks threatened for all those protestations of eternal fidelity and priority for income. Growth has declined to a trickle at BATS and RPS. WPP is on a freeze, maybe with worse to follow. Others are doing okay, but none is exactly bounding away to cover for the defaulters.

I wouldn't rate this HYP's chances of good future dividends from RPC highly either ;-), for reasons that will become apparent below...

More seriously: this says essentially nothing about whether there is plenty of choice these days. It's quite easy for someone to claim that passing a particular test makes a share a 'dividend aristocrat' (or whatever other phrase they feel puts a good spin on it and/or have picked up from someone else) and select a HYP on the basis of that criterion. That's what you did when you selected this HYP (*) in 2015, and what the grumbling should be about is that the criterion used turned out to be a poor one for HYP share selection. Maybe the amount of choice for a HYP constructed along those lines has dropped since 2015, but to find out whether that's the case requires one to look at the shares that meet that criterion now, not the ones that were available back then. And even if it has dropped, that just means that as a HYP share selection criterion that allows plenty of choice, it has the weakness of sometimes being too restrictive.

But why has it turned out to be a poor one? Just 15 companies selected on just one investment date is a decidedly small sample, so don't expect any firm conclusions from what follows - but examining the companies' and portfolio's dividend histories for weaknesses might suggest some possible answers for further investigation. So I've put the company dividend histories together - first the histories from 2000 to 2015, which should be pretty similar to the histories on which you selected the portfolio. Almost certainly not identical to them, as I don't know the exact date that you selected the portfolio, and even if I did, there are various ways that the dividend histories can be assigned to years: by company accounting year, by calendar year, by tax year and by portfolio year being the main possibilities, and the last three have the options of taking a dividend into account on its announcement date, its ex-dividend date or its payment date - see (**) below for the exact choices I've made for this table if interested. Also, when available, I've taken the figures from the http://www.dividenddata.co.uk dividend history pages for the companies, since they not only bring the dividend histories together in a single place, but also do the adjustments for share splits/consolidations and rights issues for me - a big saving in effort for me and one without which I probably wouldn't have taken the task on. Unfortunately, they don't cover James Halstead or RPS, and neither of those companies' investor relations sites have dividend history pages that I can find, so I've had to assemble them and do the adjustments for myself - each of their columns took more effort than the other 13 companies combined! I've italicised those companies' figures to indicate the different source.

The fact that the average dividend CAGR between 2000 and 2015 has come out as 14.5% compared with your 14.9% figure is not a problem - it's a small difference, and well within the scope of differences in the way we've assembled the dividend histories. Rather, it's reassurance that I'm seeing basically the same picture as you did in 2015, just viewed from not quite the same place.

If however I look at the details of that picture, it's very noticeable that the average CAGR of the shares in 2015 drops off quite a bit as one goes from looking at the previous 15 years to the previous 10 years and then the previous 5 years, from 14.5% to 12.9% to 10.5%. And looking at the individual shares, Vodafone shows a particularly big drop, from 15.0% to 6.6% to 5.2% - and the reason is not hard to find in its detailed history: it nearly tripled its dividend between 2003 and 2005, and had mostly been a decent-to-good but not spectacular dividend grower otherwise. In short, it basically earned its 'dividend aristocrat' status on 10-year-old past glories and not on anything more current. It's the most extreme example of that in terms of how long ago the past glories occurred, but all of Babcock, British American Tobacco, Capita and Mitie show similar evidence of earning their 'dividend aristocrat' status on 5+-year-old past glories. And Diageo and SSE are complete pretenders to the status as far as I can see - your sentence "It is made up of 15 shares whose divis had each grown by 10% pa or more compound (i.e. c. 7% real) ever since 2000." should really be "It is made up of 13 shares whose divis had each grown by 10% pa or more compound (i.e. c. 7% real) ever since 2000, plus two others I felt belonged in it."

In short, 'slowing dividend growth' rot was already in this HYP when you selected it! And as you've observed, it's become worse since:

Which reveals why I hold little hope of future dividends from RPC - the company has just been taken over... It was purely a cash takeover, with proceeds of 793p per share, was done by a scheme of arrangement that became effective on Monday and the shares were delisted on the same day. So holders should get the proceeds of 793p per share - they should arrive by Monday 15th according to the expected timetable. So if you want to keep this portfolio going as a 15-share HYP, you probably ought to be working out about now what replacement(s) you think it should buy for RPC.

I should note that:

* I've adjusted the italicised dividend figures for British American Tobacco from those in http://www.dividenddata.com due to its switch to paying out quarterly, which resulted in it technically only paying an interim and a quarterly for 2017. I've adjusted by attributing Q1 dividends for 2018 and 2019 to 2017 and 2018 - which still makes the 2017 figure unreasonably low, but not as badly.

* I've similarly adjusted the italicised figures for Vodafone due to its switch to declaring dividends in euros and determining the exchange rate late and without announcement (I've adjusted by finding the actual sterling dividend figures from my own records, except for the "2018" (i.e. 2018-2019) final, which I've done at the current exchange rate because the actual rate isn't yet known - I've marked the figure as approximate as a result).

* Clearly the rot has become worse - though I should say that the average CAGR of a portfolio's constituent shares is not a precise guide to the CAGR of the portfolio as a whole, except in the case of a portfolio that is equally weighted at the start of a 1-year period, and the inaccuracy can become major if the individual share CAGRs vary greatly, the period is many years and/or the portfolio does not start the period equally weighted. As a simple example to illustrate the point, consider a hypothetical portfolio with two holdings, equally weighted (by dividend income since we're looking at dividend CAGRs) to produce £1000 income each year. One holding does very poorly, consistently cutting its dividend by 40% every year - it clearly has a dividend CAGR of -40%. The other holding does very well, consistently increasing its dividend by 20% each year - so it equally clearly has a dividend CAGR of +20%, and the average CAGR of the shares is (-40%+20%)/2 = -10%. So the portfolio initially has dividend income of £1000+£1000 = £2000, and one year later its dividend income is £600+£1200 = £1800, a 10% fall exactly as you might expect from a -10% CAGR. But two years later, the income is £360+£1440 = £1800, i.e. it hasn't fallen any further, and a 10% income drop over two years annualises to a CAGR of -5.1%; three years later, the income has grown from its low of £1800 in the previous two years to £216+£1728 = £1944, a portfolio dividend CAGR of -0.9%; four years later, the income becomes £2073.60+£129.60 = £2203.20, a portfolio dividend CAGR of 2.4%; and so it goes on - in the very long term, the portfolio dividend CAGR approaches 20%, the maximum of the individual shares' dividend CAGRs rather than their average.

* In this case, the CAGRs of the 14 individual holding CAGRs (excluding RPC because I simply don't have a sensible final dividend figure for it due to the takeover) vary very widely from -100.0% up to 10.3%. and that means that the incuuracy in treating their average CAGR as an indication of portfolio income performance is quite big, making the -12.8% average given in the table pretty big. Details depend on how the portfolio was weighted, but if it was equally weighted by income with each original holding having produced £1000 income in 2015, the portfolio income in 2018 would have been £13065, which implies a portfolio dividend CAGR of -2.3%. Not good, but a far cry from being as bad as -12.8%. So the -12.8% figure is pretty badly misleading... (And I did consider not calculating it at all, but decided that if I did, someone would - so I might as well and get the explanation why averaging CAGRs can be misleading in from the start!)

A very quick summary of the above is firstly, don't chase dividend growth: uncritical reliance on high dividend growth measures without looking carefully at how sustainable the growth is can be just as misleading as similar uncritical reliance of high dividend yields, even when the dividend growth measures are long-term ones like 15-year dividend CAGRs. And secondly, be careful about averaging: for some measures like CAGRs, you need to work out the measure for the portfolio as a whole if you want a reasonably correct answer for the portfolio, not do it for the individual shares and average the results (not that you have necessarily done that - but I think a health warning to others about your mention of the average CAGR of the 15 shares in this HYP is worth giving).

(*) Note that it definitely isn't a HYP according to this board's guidance, not even when it was selected in 2015: James Halstead isn't and wasn't then in the FTSE 350, and containing just one non-qualifying share means that it breaks that guidance's "comprised exclusively" requirement. However, 2015 is before TLF and this board came into existence, let alone this board's guidance, and I'll presume that it was a HYP by the TMF guidance - the only guidance around when it was selected. In particular, that guidance didn't require FTSE 350 membership, and it said that a small proportion of a HYP not qualifying didn't prevent it being a HYP. So just to be clear: this footnote is not to say that your 'dividend aristocrats' HYP is off-topic for the board - it is to say that I think it's on-topic and why.

(**) I've chosen to account for dividends in the table by company accounting year, but that raises the issue of which year to put that against when the company accounting year doesn't end on December 31st (which it does for 6 of the 15 companies). For the other year ends which occur, I've put the dividend against the starting year for the 5 companies with March accounting year ends (e.g. SSE's "2015" entry is for its accounting year from April 1st 2015 to March 31st 2016) and the ending year for the 2 companies with September accounting year ends (e.g. Sage's "2015" entry is for its accounting year from October 1st 2014 to September 30th 2015), basically to make the periods have 9 months in common with the calendar year rather than 3. For the 2 companies with June accounting year ends, that doesn't really resolve the issue, but I've chosen to put the dividend against the ending year to ensure I have figures for their "2018" entries.

Gengulphus

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » July 3rd, 2019, 8:11 pm

Wizard wrote:... or do most people apply the same criteria to both new purchases and top ups?

I've no real idea what "most people" do in that respect - I know what I do and I know what some other people do (*). But the "most board users are lurkers" rule of thumb says that's pretty certain to fall a long way short of "most people".

And I cannot see how anyone can get a better idea of the answer than that by posting the question and waiting for answers... You would almost certainly get a better idea of the answer by posting a poll on the question.

(*) Or at least have posted to say they do - not necessarily the same thing... Though that's a rather pedantic proviso: I'm quite happy to accept that most people here tell the truth (and are not greatly deluding themselves) on such matters!

Gengulphus

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » July 3rd, 2019, 8:43 pm

Alaric wrote:
Wizard wrote:IMHO and based on my personal experience HYP may be fine in a drawdown phase, but it is not fit for purpose when building a pot for retirement ahead of drawing income.

I'm unconvinced that it acknowledges that a dividend yield of a% increasing at b% should be a better bet for longer term accumulation than a dividend yield of c% increasing at d% where (a+b) exceeds (c+d) and only concentrates on whether c exceeds a. That has some merit when immediate rather than deferred spendable income is the objective, but not when building for future income. Hence the HYP preference for investing in Vodafone rather than Unilever.

You're confusing two different questions. One is "You know what a, b, c and d have been. You want to know which share has given you the better returns - is it better to compare (a+b) with (c+d) or a with c to find out which share it is?". The answer to that is clear: you should compare (a+b) with (c+d). The only proviso being the one you mention, which is basically that you're asking the wrong question if you're actually after immediate income rather than total returns.

The other is "You don't know what a, b, c and d are going to be - you only have some guestimates of them, in whose accuracy you have varying degrees of confidence. You want to be as sure as possible that you'll get a particular level of returns in the future - is it better to compare (a+b) with (c+d) or a with c to find out which share you want?" The answer to that is nothing like as clear...

Gengulphus

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » July 3rd, 2019, 9:57 pm

Gengulphus wrote: The answer to that is clear: you should compare (a+b) with (c+d).

I don't think it clear to some posters on the HYP board who, for example, continue to advocate investing in Vodafone on the grounds that it has a high dividend yield and that shares such as Unilever or Diageo have no place as new purchases in a portfolio dedicated to income.

What are you going to catch if you trawl for high yielders in 2019? Complete junk like potential Carillions, distressed equity like Vodafone perhaps, recovery stocks and the odd seemingly inexplicable bargain such as tobacco stocks at present. How do you tell them apart? If you are interested in deferred income, in other words looking to reinvest, why not look at below average yields and filter by rate of growth of dividend?

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » July 3rd, 2019, 10:10 pm

Alaric wrote:
Gengulphus wrote: The answer to that is clear: you should compare (a+b) with (c+d).

I don't think it clear to some posters on the HYP board who, for example, continue to advocate investing in Vodafone on the grounds that it has a high dividend yield and that shares such as Unilever or Diageo have no place as new purchases in a portfolio dedicated to income.

What are you going to catch if you trawl for high yielders in 2019? Complete junk like potential Carillions, distressed equity like Vodafone perhaps, recovery stocks and the odd seemingly inexplicable bargain such as tobacco stocks at present. How do you tell them apart? If you are interested in deferred income, in other words looking to reinvest, why not look at below average yields and filter by rate of growth of dividend?

That is certainly more where my head is at the moment, but that is not HYP so probably should be discussed on the Strategy board.

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » July 3rd, 2019, 10:16 pm

Wizard wrote:That is certainly more where my head is at the moment, but that is not HYP so probably should be discussed on the Strategy board.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18353

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » July 4th, 2019, 9:12 am

Thanks to Gengulphus for his thorough analysis of Luni's dividend aristocrat HYP example.

I have always accepted that rising dividends are a key criterion for HYP share selection, but this example goes to show that shares with a long (15 year) rising dividend history are also just as prone to cut or freeze as those that don't have this.

From Gengulphus' analysis, it would suggest that changes to the rate of dividend growth are important, and if the dividend CAGR is dropping off, then this may be a sign of an impending freeze or cut.

I think companies that can raise their dividends at higher than inflation rate over very long periods of time are a rarity, and that this becomes particularly unsustainable when the company becomes ex-growth cash cow. With hindsight of course, one can find companies that deliver above inflation rises over decades (Eg IMB, WPP), but finding them looking forwards is much more difficult! And knowing if such companies are reaching a point of dividend growth unsustainability is also more difficult.

I still think a record of rising dividends over 5 years is a good HYP-buy criterion, but maybe an eye on whether the rate of increase is dropping off is also valuable. if the rate is dropping after a long run of large increases, then perhaps further checks need to be made.

Maybe tjh's top-up following a cut is the start of a new long period of above inflation dividend growth for VOD??!!

FD

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » July 5th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Another sobering lessons learnt report on VOD:

https://www.ukvalueinvestor.com/2019/07 ... ec1b35658a

Summary: it was a bad company made to look good.

FD

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » July 5th, 2019, 5:35 pm

funduffer wrote:Another sobering lessons learnt report on VOD:

FD

And the most important bit (to me anyway)?

'Holding Vodafone when I should have sold long ago'

How many of us have said that, about many shares, not just Vodafone? I know I have many times. We can all buy but it is so much more difficult to sell, and yet there are times when we ought.

Dod

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » July 5th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Dod101 wrote:

How many of us have said that, about many shares, not just Vodafone? I know I have many times. We can all buy but it is so much more difficult to sell, and yet there are times when we ought.

Dod

How true. I am definitely guilty of hanging on when I should sell.

I am terrible at selling, and I think it is psychological - i.e. not facing up to materialising a loss and admitting the original poor share selection to myself.

FD

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » July 5th, 2019, 9:38 pm

I've restored some essential context to Alaric's quote of my post in the following quote:

Alaric wrote:
Gengulphus wrote:... One is "You know what a, b, c and d have been. You want to know which share has given you the better returns - is it better to compare (a+b) with (c+d) or a with c to find out which share it is?". The answer to that is clear: you should compare (a+b) with (c+d).

Advocating investing in a company's shares is about a future act - it's addressed to HYPers who are thinking about a purchase they're going to make in the future and trying to decide which share to buy, and is rather pointless for anyone who has instead already made a purchase! The question whose answer I said was clear is about the past, as indicated by the tense of "have been" and "has given" in it. The future and the past don't overlap, so what investments people are advocating investing in doesn't really have anything to do with whether they think the answer to that question is clear. (In addition, and related to that past/future distinction, advocacy is essentially opinion while the question is essentially about fact.)

As regards the question of whether purchasing criteria should be affected by whether it's a new purchase or a top-up purchase, it's of course equivalent to asking whether "I already do / don't have a HYP holding of the share" should be a factor in one's purchasing criteria. I think I've said just about all that I have to say on that issue earlier in the thread, but it's a bit scattered and mixed up with other things, so to bring it together and summarise it: I think there are good reasons to take whether one already owns the share into account in HYP purchasing decisions. For example, for a HYPer in the early stages of building up their HYP's diversification, buying a new share is much more desirable than topping up an existing one - so they might well reject topping up an existing share in favour of buying a new one even if the existing share's company finances look better on HYP grounds. Equally, a HYPer who has already got more shares in their HYP than they think desirable from the point of view of admin work (possibly routine admin, possibly dealing with special situations like corporate actions) might well feel that topping up an existing share is more desirable than buying a new one, and so they might well reject buying a new share in favour of topping up an existing one even if the new share's company finances look better on HYP grounds. There may well be other reasons due to the existing holdings of the HYP and the HYPer's circumstances for similar decisions.

So while I agree with you that there is no reason (at least that I can see) for whether it's an existing share or a new share in the HYPer's portfolio to affect their assessment of the company's HYP credentials, I don't agree that there is no reason for it to affect the HYPer's purchasing decisions - because those depend not only on the company's HYP credentials, but also on the HYPer's portfolio, circumstances and preferences.

Gengulphus

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » July 6th, 2019, 11:55 am

Dod101 wrote:
funduffer wrote:Another sobering lessons learnt report on VOD:

And the most important bit (to me anyway)?

Equally, how many were saying "Holding BHP Billiton when I should have sold long ago" in late 2015/early 2016? Similar situation in many ways to Vodafone today: pretty relentless, strong price drops over the preceding 18 months or so, preceded by 2-3 years of jiggling around quite a bit with maybe a very slight downwards tendency; dividend cuts finally materialising after a lot of speculation; a lot of negative comment about the company and/or its management on the HYP Practical board. There are differences, of course: BHP Billiton's price fall and dividend cut then were even bigger than Vodafone's now; the TMF HYP Practical board rather than this one; the negative comment I remember from then was chiefly about the end of the 'commodity supercycle' and the lack of credibility of the company's management, and at least the first of those clearly doesn't apply to Vodafone now. There are doubtless other differences... But the similarities are certainly sufficient to provoke a feeling of déjà vu.

And if I had decided to sell in late 2015, as quite a few posted to say they did and I was quite tempted to, I would now be changing it to "Both holding BHP Billiton when I should have sold and selling BHP Billiton when I should at least have held and probably topped up"!

Gengulphus

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 7th, 2019, 7:07 pm

When you compare Vodafone with the EU US super sectors, uk sector and etf markets, and top 20 global companies

It's difficult to imagine anyone backing it even when the UK sector turns....there seems to be much more favoured out there for any trying to early prep into telecoms

I think any real turnabout in the sector here will leave Vodafone behind. And BT. What does that leave? Takeovers. Chop it up.

No such thing as too big to fail now. Which means much easier to target.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » July 7th, 2019, 7:17 pm

SentimentRules wrote:When you compare Vodafone with the EU US super sectors, uk sector and etf markets, and top 20 global companies

It's difficult to imagine anyone backing it even when the UK sector turns....there seems to be much more favoured out there for any trying to early prep into telecoms

I do not disagree with your negative outlook for VOD.

But this is your second day on TLF and in 64 posts you must have already come to an appreciation of the investing talent here. Can you describe to us what you believe you can learn from being here? I mention this only because most newbies here take their time to understand the landscape, and don't start lecturing from day one.

What is your objective here?
Last edited by Lootman on July 7th, 2019, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReformedCharacter
Lemon Quarter

Postby ReformedCharacter » July 7th, 2019, 7:20 pm

Lootman wrote:But this is your second day on TLF ...

With that User Name...

RC

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 7th, 2019, 7:25 pm

Lootman wrote:
SentimentRules wrote:When you compare Vodafone with the EU US super sectors, uk sector and etf markets, and top 20 global companies

I do not disagree with your negative outlook for VOD.

But this is your second day on TLF and in 64 posts you must have already come to an appreciation of the investing talent here. Can you describe to us what you believe you can learn from being here? I mention this only because most newbies here take their time to understand the landscape, and don't start lecturing from day one.

What is your objective here?

Maybe new to here. But an old hand in markets.

What can i learn from being here? Is that not something we all need to ask ourselves? And achieve?

I hope to learn from you. And if your lucky, you will learn a bit from me too. All winners.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 7th, 2019, 7:26 pm

"Lecturing from day one"

What lecture ?

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”