Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Halifax cheap day

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Halifax cheap day

Postby Arborbridge » August 8th, 2019, 8:44 am

The cheap dealing day will be on the 14th August. The notice has just place on their website:

"If you have a share dealing account you can trade online for £3.95 dealing commission per trade in our monthly offer period.

- For UK stocks trade online between 12:15pm and 2:15pm.

- For international stocks trade online between 8am and 9pm."

It's a good opportunity to get rid of small holdings at low cost because their usual regular cheap days only apply to buys rather than sales too.
I thought my fellow HYPers would be interested.

Arb.

BenValue

Re: Halifax cheap day

Postby BenValue » August 8th, 2019, 9:45 am

Seems a bit expensive compared with the £2.41 dealing commission I am paying with Degiro!

Ben

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 8th, 2019, 10:06 am

BenValue wrote:Seems a bit expensive compared with the £2.41 dealing commission I am paying with Degiro!

Ben

Yes, but until you mentioned it, I'd never heard of Degiro. The difference in cost is hardly significant for HYPers who sell once in a while.

Arb.

PS I notice you joined in 2016 and have made 6 posts since. I wonder why this matter seemed so particularly appealing that you broke your silence?

BenValue

Postby BenValue » August 8th, 2019, 10:53 am

Hi Arb

I used to post a bit more back in the days of TMF

I recently found my old stockbrokers rather incompetent so I searched and found that Degiro seemed cheapest. They are based in Holland so DYOR.

I recently saw the light and have become a HYP fan. I do really appreciate your and the other contributions to this thread. All seems to be going well with my HY portfolio (except Centrica).

Best regards

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 8th, 2019, 11:43 am

BenValue wrote:Hi Arb

I used to post a bit more back in the days of TMF

I recently found my old stockbrokers rather incompetent so I searched and found that Degiro seemed cheapest. They are based in Holland so DYOR.

I recently saw the light and have become a HYP fan. I do really appreciate your and the other contributions to this thread. All seems to be going well with my HY portfolio (except Centrica).

Best regards

I hope you'll be posting some more and let us knowing how you are getting on. The broker you found is worth a look, but for me, I'm happy to stay where I am as changing is only worthwhile if it is radically better, or perhaps if one is in the early stages when one might be trading more.

Good luck.

Arb.

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » September 13th, 2019, 3:50 pm

Arborbridge wrote:[quoting Halifax]
"If you have a share dealing account you can trade online for £3.95 dealing commission per trade in our monthly offer period.

September's cheap dealing day is next Wednesday, September 18th.

Gengulphus

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » September 13th, 2019, 10:15 pm

Gengulphus wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:[quoting Halifax]

September's cheap dealing day is next Wednesday, September 18th.

Gengulphus

I completely overlooked the announcement just minutes ago. When I went back to check, I realise what has happened: they've changed the layout of the notice and it was hidden in plain sight!

An interesting illustration that one gets used to seeing what one wants to see - as slight alteration and I was blind to it.

Arb.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”