Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

impulse sell, oh dear

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: impulse sell, oh dear

Postby Arborbridge » August 15th, 2019, 7:45 pm

MDW1954 wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

However, they say they own assets, i.e. Big Boxes, physical "things" - but do they also own shares in other companies?

Arb.

No, they don't. Investment companies are not the same as investment trusts. Both can be members of the AIC, as can REITs.

MDW1954

Thanks for the clarification.

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » August 15th, 2019, 7:46 pm

pyad wrote:
kempiejon wrote:As I remember Pyad preferred the bigger index, as I do myself, but would not explicitly rule out a 250; is it the highest sustainable yield in a new sector? As Arb said we might get a ruling I and most HYPers would be able to decide for themselves if it was a suitable buy for their port.

Agreed. I advocate that HYPs are built first from the FTSE100 and if you can find enough sectors and suitable shares there then fine. But I've found quite often with the numerous HYPs I've constructed over the years that one can exhaust the 100 without having located sufficient sectors having qualifying shares. In that case I'm happy to look in the 250 for a very few further sectors to complete the portfolio.

This is nothing new, 250 shares like IG Group and Greene King etc. have been discussed round here many times I think.

In which case, Pyad, you'll be delighted to learn that Tritax Big Box's £2.4bn market capitalisation puts it firmly in the FTSE 250.

MDW1954

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » August 15th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
MDW1954 wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:

However, they say they own assets, i.e. Big Boxes, physical "things" - but do they also own shares in other companies?

Arb.

No, they don't. Investment companies are not the same as investment trusts. Both can be members of the AIC, as can REITs.

MDW1954

Thanks for the clarification.

Actually, after posting, I edited it, and our replies crossed. See the fuller reply. I think I am going to raise this with other mods; there was a thread on Biscuit Barrel about this a few weeks ago.

MDW1954

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”