Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Another day another takeover

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Another day another takeover

Postby spiderbill » September 19th, 2019, 9:11 am

Charles Taylor (CTR) to be taken private for £261m - a 34% premium on recent price.
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/charles-taylor-agrees-purchase-deal-015335605.html

Probably was a bit on the small side for most here but I vaguely recall someone else having a holding. I seem to be getting bought out of a few things recently - RPC, KCOM, Greene King and Immarsat to come, and now this one. Will give me a useful profit on capital of around 24% instead of being slightly under, but it was a steady dividend payer and one of my earliest buys. So, yet another decision on what to replace it with.

Spiderbill

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Another day another takeover

Postby monabri » September 19th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Looking at the numbers I think that the gift horse has just delivered!! ;)

(loss making, significantly over-valued,increasing debt, negligible ROCE)..

Grab the cash with both hands asap before they change their minds !

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Re: Another day another takeover

Postby spiderbill » September 19th, 2019, 11:08 pm

You may well be right. Looks as if the share price ended higher than the offer + value of the coming dividend. Does someone expect a second offer? If it's still there tomorrow morning I may well sell rather than wait for the takeover.
(starts thinking again about a replacement HYP share - hmm, BHP is one that I've thought about a few times. Not much that I'd currently consider topping up with the possible exception of Regional REIT.)

cheers
Spiderbill

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”