Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Diageo Trading Statement

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Diageo Trading Statement

Postby idpickering » September 20th, 2019, 6:30 am

This from yesterday. Not the highest of yielders I grant you, but I hold them in my HYP, and guess others do too, so may be of interest here;

Diageo issues trading commentary ahead of AGM 2019

Ivan Menezes, Chief Executive, commented:

"Fiscal 20 has started well as we continue to build on the momentum and consistent progress we are making in the execution of our strategy. Our focus remains on delivering quality sustainable growth. This is supported by a culture of everyday efficiency that enables us to invest smartly in marketing and growth initiatives while expanding margins

https://www.investegate.co.uk/diageo-pl ... 00158792M/

A true buy and forget share IMHO, which I've held for years and have zero intention of selling any time soon.

Ian.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Diageo Trading Statement

Postby Arborbridge » September 20th, 2019, 7:18 am

idpickering wrote:This from yesterday. Not the highest of yielders I grant you, but I hold them in my HYP, and guess others do too, so may be of interest here;

Diageo issues trading commentary ahead of AGM 2019

Ivan Menezes, Chief Executive, commented:

"Fiscal 20 has started well as we continue to build on the momentum and consistent progress we are making in the execution of our strategy. Our focus remains on delivering quality sustainable growth. This is supported by a culture of everyday efficiency that enables us to invest smartly in marketing and growth initiatives while expanding margins

https://www.investegate.co.uk/diageo-pl ... 00158792M/

A true buy and forget share IMHO, which I've held for years and have zero intention of selling any time soon.

Ian.

Thanks, Ian. I have no desire to sell them either, but they've been flirting with danger lately, with the yield dipping below 2% then coming back just over. With a capital weight of 1.5x median, one has to ask why I shouldn't trim and put the proceeds into something which pays more. And of course - we all know the arguments for and against.

I have trimmed, only once in 2011 when the reached just under 2x median, as I remember.

Arb.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Diageo Trading Statement

Postby idpickering » September 20th, 2019, 7:41 am

You’re welcome Arb. For me they’re not up to full weighting in capital value terms in my HYP. I’m ok with that, and have no desire to buy more of them to address that. It can just stay there simply plodding along and covering that sector for me.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”