Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Fishing again in the HYP Pool

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Fishing again in the HYP Pool

Postby Dod101 » November 20th, 2019, 7:56 am

Maybe so but I like, in these days of problem HYP shares, what looks like a nice steady niche player. I have no intention of becoming simply a holder of ITs.

Dod

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Fishing again in the HYP Pool

Postby kempiejon » November 20th, 2019, 8:36 am

Arborbridge wrote:I can see the argument there, but with a modest yield, might you not be better off ditching the single company risk and buying a generalist IT of larger yield?
One would normally prefer a higher yield to compensate for the perceived added the risk, at least on initial purchase.

Arb.

I can see that argument and raise you. Buy a FTSE100 tracker or ETF, be compensated by the higher yield, reduce the management fee as well as single company risk and get all your dividends without having any held back by that manger. I have looked at PHP and a few other speciality REITS over the years I'm sure they have been HYPable on and off over the years even if not just now as Dod101 says due to the price rising.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”