Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

inmarsat cash

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

inmarsat cash

Postby kempiejon » December 19th, 2019, 1:35 pm

I don't think Inmarsat was widely held, it cut my income in 2016, 17 and 18. I know I'm not the only holder so perhaps it'll be useful to remind holders that they've been taken over and delisted. I now have the returned cash burning a hole in my ISA so I'll probably do some research over the break and treat the HYP to a post Christmas top up. ITV looks OK for yield and are under weight in my portfolio, Microfocus similarly so, Hastings I see is a high yielding, non-life insurance idea, that sector is OK for topping up but the wider financials there's plenty of money there.

djbenedict
2 Lemon pips

Re: inmarsat cash

Postby djbenedict » December 19th, 2019, 2:24 pm

kempiejon wrote:I don't think Inmarsat was widely held, it cut my income in 2016, 17 and 18. I know I'm not the only holder so perhaps it'll be useful to remind holders that they've been taken over and delisted. I now have the returned cash burning a hole in my ISA so I'll probably do some research over the break and treat the HYP to a post Christmas top up. ITV looks OK for yield and are under weight in my portfolio, Microfocus similarly so, Hastings I see is a high yielding, non-life insurance idea, that sector is OK for topping up but the wider financials there's plenty of money there.

Same, cash appeared in my iWeb account today. Time flies, it turns out I had bought them back in 2006 at 330p. Think I will sit on the cash for a bit until I develop some conviction around something.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”