Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

TUI Results - 1st Quarter

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
OLTB
Lemon Quarter

TUI Results - 1st Quarter

Postby OLTB » February 11th, 2020, 11:05 am

Morning all

Some may hold TUI in their HYP (I do) and their 1st quarter results are here https://www.investegate.co.uk/article.a ... 60009EEQLC

Disappointing drop in dividends announced in December here https://www.investegate.co.uk/article.a ... 00119EDNJT and now (for any new HYP being constructed) probably not a potential candidate.

Market seems to have liked the results and share price up 11.64% as I type and waiting for the €0.54 dividend to land later this month (before the various German taxes are deducted). Ex-dividend date is tomorrow.

Cheers, OLTB.

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: TUI Results - 1st Quarter

Postby monabri » February 12th, 2020, 1:29 pm

A 26.x% reduction on the dividend due to German withholding tax is a nasty sting in the tail. :cry:

Current yield is 4.7% but this would thus be reduced for UK taxpayers to 3.5% (approx).

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividend ... y?epic=TUI

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » February 12th, 2020, 4:09 pm

monabri wrote:A 26.x% reduction on the dividend due to German withholding tax is a nasty sting in the tail. :cry:

Current yield is 4.7% but this would thus be reduced for UK taxpayers to 3.5% (approx).

Prior to the dividend cut, TUI's sp was depressed enough last year to present a high yield buy, net of the tax. I am stuck with it now and unlikely to be adding more for the forseeable, but have made a decent capital gain from those sp lows.

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » February 12th, 2020, 4:40 pm

moorfield wrote:
monabri wrote:A 26.x% reduction on the dividend due to German withholding tax is a nasty sting in the tail. :cry:

Prior to the dividend cut, TUI's sp was depressed enough last year to present a high yield buy, net of the tax. I am stuck with it now and unlikely to be adding more for the forseeable, but have made a decent capital gain from those sp lows.

Yes indeed - I topped up in Feb and March last year and secured a (then) high yield - my income stock may over time become a growth stock! Share price growth would mean that current value excludes it from top-up.

Cheers, OLTB.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » February 26th, 2020, 10:54 am

Ha ha. Two weeks after writing that and TUI is a high yield candidate again today, and CCL in the same sector offering an even higher yield.

Maybe I'll be topping up after all. What killer virus? :mrgreen:

OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Postby OLTB » May 26th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Afternoon all.

I still hold TUI in my HYP (it was HY once, honestly) and today it acted like an AIM stock - up 52% :shock:

I’m still building and fortunately not having to rely on my HYP for income (which is a good thing as I can only put up with beans on toast for so long).

Regarding TUI, I’m happy to keep holding, but I won’t be topping up as it’s not paying a dividend and I’ve exceeded my own rules regarding initial capital invested.

I did read a few weeks ago that an Egyptian with a few bob had bought 5% of the business (he’s in the travel industry as well). I’ve no idea if that’s important or not as I think that the major shareholder is a Russian squillionaire.

Cheers, OLTB.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » May 26th, 2020, 6:27 pm

OLTB wrote:I’m still building and fortunately not having to rely on my HYP for income (which is a good thing as I can only put up with beans on toast for so long).

Regarding TUI, I’m happy to keep holding, but I won’t be topping up as it’s not paying a dividend and I’ve exceeded my own rules regarding initial capital invested.

As am I. I'm planning to hold onto all my "corona cutters" until they have resumed once cycle of interim+final payments, until then no further top-ups.
At such time I can consider the "dust settled" and hopefully make more sense of the yields.

As for TUI, it's on German Govt life support at the moment and won't be paying anything until that line of credit has been closed.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”