Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Thank you Ian (idpickering)

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Matchless

Thank you Ian (idpickering)

Postby Matchless » April 29th, 2021, 9:25 am

Just to say thank you for your regular updates on company announcements - much appreciated by all I am sure.

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Re: Thank you Ian (idpickering)

Postby absolutezero » April 29th, 2021, 9:36 am

I agree.
Ian being an early riser and having a lot of companies in common with my HYP saves me a lot of trawling once I get out of my pit around 10am (most days - today being an exception).

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 29th, 2021, 11:59 am

Matchless wrote:Just to say thank you for your regular updates on company announcements - much appreciated by all I am sure.

Wow. I’m truly honoured, thank you very much.

As abosolutezero pointed out, I’m an early riser. In fact I get up about 0340hrs most days. Being ex army I guess I’m used to being up early, and as a policeman too.

Going back to all the news and results items I post, for one thing I’m interested in the items myself, and believe others hereabouts may be too. Sometimes I make mistakes, and having an almost steam driven lap top doesn’t help much. :D

To get back on topic for this board, and I do hope the powers that be allow this thread to stay here, I’m an avid HYPer, and that’s the only investing I do. I try to post my news items with the purpose of this board in mind at all times. Tbh, of late this board has been very quiet, and I’ve often worried about its’ continued existence. If I can promote chat hereabouts, that’s great.

Anyway, once again thank you. I appreciate it.

Ian.

Aprilfool62

Postby Aprilfool62 » April 29th, 2021, 12:09 pm

And a thank you from me also.

April

Gostevie
2 Lemon pips

Postby Gostevie » April 29th, 2021, 12:51 pm

A big thank you from me too Ian. I'm not allowed to post about my own portfolio on this board because it also includes investment trusts but I really appreciate your posts.

Gostevie

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 29th, 2021, 1:30 pm

Thanks all round guys. I can feel a HYPer group hug coming on. Covid19 rules permitting of course. ;)

Ian.

gigha

Postby gigha » April 29th, 2021, 1:45 pm

I'm de-lurking to add my thanks to Ian too. I don't post very often, mainly because I've nothing very uselful to contribute, but I've been running my HYP for years and find Ian's info, and this board in general, incrediubly useful. Thanks guys.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 29th, 2021, 1:52 pm

gigha wrote:I'm de-lurking to add my thanks to Ian too. I don't post very often, mainly because I've nothing very uselful to contribute, but I've been running my HYP for years and find Ian's info, and this board in general, incrediubly useful. Thanks guys.

Nice to see you come out of the shadows, and thanks for your kind comment. Don’t be a stranger. It’s always nice to see you here.

Ian.

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Postby funduffer » April 29th, 2021, 2:00 pm

Thanks from me as well, Ian.

In keeping my dividend records up to date, I invariably look for your posts here, rather than trawl through investEgate or dividenddata.

Also stimulates interesting discussions on the results and dividend changes, so very worthwhile.

FD

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 29th, 2021, 3:13 pm

My heartfelt thanks to you all.

IMHO, those of us who frequent this board, are a likeminded community of Lemon Fools. We're all here to help each other, for the good and benefit of this board, and Lemon Fool alike. Long may it continue.

Also, thank you to the managers of this site, and our hard working mods too.

Ian.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » April 29th, 2021, 7:50 pm

Gostevie wrote:A big thank you from me too Ian. I'm not allowed to post about my own portfolio on this board because it also includes investment trusts but I really appreciate your posts.
I really don't mean to derail this thread, but I'd just like to say that you are very welcome to talk about a HYP part of your portfolio here. When it comes to investment trusts an incidental mentioning of the existence of them is not going to upset the apple-cart. What we don't want on this particular board is their being discussed, especially comparisons. There is High Yield Shares & Strategies - General
for that.

Cheers,
Chris

absolutezero
Lemon Quarter

Postby absolutezero » April 30th, 2021, 9:40 am

idpickering wrote:
As abosolutezero pointed out, I’m an early riser. In fact I get up about 0340hrs most days.

Good Lord!
And there was me thinking 9am was awful.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » April 30th, 2021, 9:45 am

absolutezero wrote:
idpickering wrote:
As abosolutezero pointed out, I’m an early riser. In fact I get up about 0340hrs most days.

Good Lord!

9am is nearly dinner time...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

IanTHughes
Lemon Quarter

Postby IanTHughes » April 30th, 2021, 10:14 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
absolutezero wrote:
idpickering wrote:As abosolutezero pointed out, I’m an early riser. In fact I get up about 0340hrs most days.

Good Lord!

Dinner time? Surely you mean nearly time for luncheon? :D

Ian

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 30th, 2021, 11:37 am

IanTHughes wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
absolutezero wrote:Good Lord!

Ian

Funnily enough, my time keeping sometimes causes angst in the Pickering household LOL. I'll eat my only meal today at about 1400hrs My Wife's at work at that time. Of a weekend I have to wait for my Wife to get hungry later. ;)

My timings stem from my old working life, and my desire to be 'ahead of the game' I suppose. I was back from a two mile walk by 0545hrs by the way! Something I do every day, if it's light. Also, I don't like surprises. My working life was always full of them. That went with my jobs I guess?

Back to HYPing though. All these life lessons have made me cautious of taking what I might perceive to be 'higher risks'. I think HYP, although risky obviously, we're investing in shares after all, I like to think that as I'm investing in hopefully boring, steady firms, with little, or no surprises, they fit the bill well. Nothing's a given obviously.

Ian.

Gostevie
2 Lemon pips

Postby Gostevie » May 1st, 2021, 12:19 am

idpickering wrote:
IanTHughes wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:9am is nearly dinner time...

Ian

Funnily enough, my time keeping sometimes causes angst in the Pickering household LOL. I'll eat my only meal today at about 1400hrs My Wife's at work at that time. Of a weekend I have to wait for my Wife to get hungry later. ;)

My timings stem from my old working life, and my desire to be 'ahead of the game' I suppose. I was back from a two mile walk by 0545hrs by the way! Something I do every day, if it's light. Also, I don't like surprises. My working life was always full of them. That went with my jobs I guess?

Back to HYPing though. All these life lessons have made me cautious of taking what I might perceive to be 'higher risks'. I think HYP, although risky obviously, we're investing in shares after all, I like to think that as I'm investing in hopefully boring, steady firms, with little, or no surprises, they fit the bill well. Nothing's a given obviously.

Ian.

This is so interesting Ian. Having been investing in what I would call an HYP (although it is outside of the rules of this board) I retired last year at the age of 57 and now rarely get up before 9am. Luxury! I like to think I am reaping the rewards for the sacrifices I made in earlier life. I used to think that 4:30am was flippin' early, never mind 3:40am. I suppose it asks the question of why we invest in shares in the first place and what we hope to achieve, but again, although it might be an interesting discussion, it would be be be outside of the the rules of this particular board.

Gostevie

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 1st, 2021, 4:05 am

Gostevie wrote:
idpickering wrote:
IanTHughes wrote:Dinner time? Surely you mean nearly time for luncheon? :D

Ian

Ian.

This is so interesting Ian. Having been investing in what I would call an HYP (although it is outside of the rules of this board) I retired last year at the age of 57 and now rarely get up before 9am. Luxury! I like to think I am reaping the rewards for the sacrifices I made in earlier life. I used to think that 4:30am was flippin' early, never mind 3:40am. I suppose it asks the question of why we invest in shares in the first place and what we hope to achieve, but again, although it might be an interesting discussion, it would be be be outside of the the rules of this particular board.

Gostevie

Thanks for your input. I’m not alone on this island where we live now in Orkney who is an early bird. He’s ex HM Forces too funnily enough, and we both have PTSD. I rarely see him though.

As for HYPing, I do it for the income, which I reinvest on a monthly basis currently, as we don’t need it to live on just yet, but will do so in the future.

Ian.

Walrus202

Postby Walrus202 » May 1st, 2021, 8:05 am

Yes thanks Ian. I don't post here anymore but I appreciate your work.

Cheers

Walrus

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » May 2nd, 2021, 6:08 pm

idpickering wrote:
IanTHughes wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:9am is nearly dinner time...

Ian

Ian.

That wake up time is unusually early on a voluntary basis. Do you just need little sleep or are you tucked up in bed by 2000hrs?

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » May 3rd, 2021, 3:57 am

Wizard wrote:
idpickering wrote:
IanTHughes wrote:Dinner time? Surely you mean nearly time for luncheon? :D

Ian

Ian.

That wake up time is unusually early on a voluntary basis. Do you just need little sleep or are you tucked up in bed by 2000hrs?

Actually 2100hrs. And no, I don’t need much sleep.

Ian,

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”