Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Admiral Group Interims

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Admiral Group Interims

Postby idpickering » October 2nd, 2021, 12:39 pm

Further to Arb’s comment above, I ‘spoke’ to a chap at Halifax yesterday, via their chat option, and he said they are allowed ten days to pay any dividends received in clients’ accounts. Sounds a bit iffy imho. But let’s not get to off topic eh?

Ian.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » October 2nd, 2021, 1:32 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
Dod101 wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:Those who have had this payment already are lucky: HSDL as usual haven't yet paid.
I'm sure, going back some years, that they used to pay before the weekend, now if its due on a weekend they seem to hold it over.
Actually, I always wondered it is was an accounting artefact with the cash showing as it was due, but not actually cleared.

Arb.

I had the payment in my account at dawn yesterday morning. That was with HSBC Investdirect. I am not sure luck is the word. Those who have not been credited so far are the subject of some incompetence on the part of the platform or their custodians I'd say.

Dod

According to dividend data, the payment was not due until 2nd October which is a non-working day. Whether you think you were entitled to be paid a day early I guess could be arguable - or a matter of legislation. Personally, if a company paid before it was due, I would look upon that as a good manners, but if they pay on the next working day, it would be within the bounds of normal.
It's not a question of incompetence, but of policy. If memory serves me right, when Halifax were running the Motley Fool ISA, a credit would show on the account on the Friday if payment was due on Saturday - but I think that was just a courtesy. I seem to remember they told me they weren't cleared funds but knew they would be guaranteed, so the credit appeared.

If it's not there on Monday, it'll be a bad show, but HSDL do have form in this matter so it would not surprise me. At present, the jury is out.

Arb.

I suspect that dividend data is wrong. The Admiral site itself has been showing 1 October for some time and I hardly thing they would advertise payment for a non working day. No matter.

Dod

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » October 2nd, 2021, 2:21 pm

Dividend Data is showing 1st October as the pay day.

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividend ... y?epic=ADM

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » October 2nd, 2021, 4:20 pm

monabri wrote:Dividend Data is showing 1st October as the pay day.

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividend ... y?epic=ADM

I was mistaken - the site I looked on was advfn. https://uk.advfn.com/p.php?pid=financia ... ol=L%5EADM
Quite why they have the 2nd is a mystery, but since the dividend is in any case beyond the end of September (my "quarter" date) I'm not bothered. More annoying if it was meant to come in September and didn't.

It'll come when it comes.

Arb.

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » October 2nd, 2021, 6:43 pm

I was paid yesterday. For all my moans about ii, their accounting is always spot-on.

V8

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 4th, 2021, 9:22 am

Hurrah! My ADM dividend has appeared in my account held with Halifax! Better late than never I guess.

Ian.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » October 4th, 2021, 10:06 am

idpickering wrote:Hurrah! My ADM dividend has appeared in my account held with Halifax! Better late than never I guess.

Ian.

HSDL have been good this month. All my September dividends are now in including VWRL, IAPD and IDVY which are not paid in sterling and usually turn up a few days late. It looks like everything had appeared by 1st Oct and as I didn't look until this morning I haven't been stressing about it.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » October 4th, 2021, 10:27 am

daveh wrote:
idpickering wrote:Hurrah! My ADM dividend has appeared in my account held with Halifax! Better late than never I guess.

Ian.

HSDL have been good this month. All my September dividends are now in including VWRL, IAPD and IDVY which are not paid in sterling and usually turn up a few days late. It looks like everything had appeared by 1st Oct and as I didn't look until this morning I haven't been stressing about it.

Thanks for your input.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”