Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Schroders & Greencoat (inc UKW).

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
monabri
Lemon Half

Schroders & Greencoat (inc UKW).

Postby monabri » December 15th, 2021, 9:35 pm

viewtopic.php?p=466183#p466183
Moderator Message:
Please try to avoid simply posting bare links. They normally get summarily deleted. - Chris

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Schroders & Greencoat (inc UKW).

Postby Arborbridge » December 16th, 2021, 6:57 am

So, one of my companies is massively buying into one of my other companies? I guess that means I made a good choice, but it feels a bit tiresome - especially if they exercise the option to buy UKW completely.

Arb.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » December 16th, 2021, 7:01 am

monabri wrote:https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=466183#p466183

I am not sure why the title of this non thread includes (inc UKW). So far anyway this is a non story but the report suggests that Schroders is near to acquiring a stake in the management company of UKW not in UKW itself, which would of course make sense.

And I do not think that Arb need worry; the option would surely be to buy the remaining 25% of the management company not the operating company. Why on earth would Schroders want to buy the operating company?

Dod

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » December 16th, 2021, 7:23 am

Dod101 wrote:
monabri wrote:https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=466183#p466183

I am not sure why the title of this non thread includes (inc UKW). So far anyway this is a non story but the report suggests that Schroders is near to acquiring a stake in the management company of UKW not in UKW itself, which would of course make sense.

And I do not think that Arb need worry; the option would surely be to buy the remaining 25% of the management company not the operating company. Why on earth would Schroders want to buy the operating company?

Dod

OK, my ignorance, as usual. But it suggests a hopeful future for our UKW investment.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 16th, 2021, 7:31 am

Response to media speculation

Schroders plc ('Schroders') notes recent media speculation and confirms that it is in advanced talks with Greencoat Capital, a leading European renewables infrastructure manager, about taking a significant stake in the business. There is no certainty these talks will lead to any final agreement.

Schroders continues to evaluate potential acquisition opportunities in line with its strategy to build a comprehensive private assets platform and enhance its leadership position in sustainability.

A further announcement will be issued as and when appropriate.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/schroders ... 00068180V/

I hold UKW in my HYP, and the subject of this thread will not affect that, nor deter my plan to buy more UKW in January 2022. If anything, the item enhances my confidence in UKW as a good HYP share.

Ian.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » December 16th, 2021, 7:38 am

idpickering wrote:Response to media speculation

Schroders plc ('Schroders') notes recent media speculation and confirms that it is in advanced talks with Greencoat Capital, a leading European renewables infrastructure manager, about taking a significant stake in the business. There is no certainty these talks will lead to any final agreement.

Schroders continues to evaluate potential acquisition opportunities in line with its strategy to build a comprehensive private assets platform and enhance its leadership position in sustainability.

I hold UKW in my HYP, and this item will not affect that, nor deter my plan to buy more UKW in January 2022.

Ian.

That confirms that the interest is in buying a stake in the management company not in the operating company. As I suggested, reference to UKW in the title may be a red herring.

Dod

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » December 16th, 2021, 8:39 am

Dod101 wrote:
idpickering wrote:Response to media speculation

I hold UKW in my HYP, and this item will not affect that, nor deter my plan to buy more UKW in January 2022.

Ian.

That confirms that the interest is in buying a stake in the management company not in the operating company. As I suggested, reference to UKW in the title may be a red herring.

Dod

I hear you Dod. Thanks for your input, as always.

Ian.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » December 16th, 2021, 9:59 am

The title included a reference to UKW as I thought it might be of interest to their shareholders here in HYPland.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”