Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

GCP Student Living

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Aprilfool62

GCP Student Living

Postby Aprilfool62 » February 14th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Hello. this is my 2nd post and I hope its on the correct board. (this share yields 3.9% maybe that's not high enough to qualify?)
I hold this in my portfolio and have been sent a subscription offer (rights issue) and I have to make a quick decision. they are offering 140p per share and a minimum purchase of 1000. It is for further private student accommodation in prime sites in London. I get a nice quarterly dividend from this investment, however, it has its risks. Does anyone else hold this share?

April

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Re: GCP Student Living

Postby tjh290633 » February 14th, 2017, 5:11 pm

I don't hold but it is on my watchlist, Epic DIGS. It's a bit marginal for an HYP, but worth keeping an eye on. Compared with Unite it's a lot better yield. Primary Health Properties PHP is another one with a slightly better yield at about 4.6%, but that is Health Centres rather than student accommodation. Both ought to be steady sources of income.

TJH

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: GCP Student Living

Postby monabri » February 14th, 2017, 5:40 pm

DIGS wouldn't be my first choice (nor second). Their share price closed at 143.25p today so their offer of 140p per share isn't that wonderful IMHO. They are raising £60 million via new shares - so this will reduce the value of the current ones........

Their market cap is £380 million so that is a little on the low side for "HYP". The dividend cover (30 June 2016 - source London Stock Exchange) was 0.94 (1.25 the year before).

You could do better and hopefully safer with some typical HYP shares. If you have shares in DIGS already, why not "diversify" and potentially increase your yield?

Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”