Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

GSK -Completion of GSK Share Consolidation.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: GSK -Completion of GSK Share Consolidation.

Postby Breelander » August 3rd, 2022, 2:05 pm

miner1000 wrote:I am holding my Shares in Haleon. I see them as a future HYP mainstay. Their products are in high demand, are not affected by inflationary pressures and the business can only grow from here with a worldwide market. I will add over time and am not put off by the average yield at present. Just my own thoughts however, each to his own.

I'm doing the same, holding on to see if they become 'HYP-worthy'.

That's in contrast to when I got my South32 shares, they stated at spin-off that dividends we're unlikely, so I promptly sold mine.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Postby daveh » August 3rd, 2022, 4:19 pm

Breelander wrote:
miner1000 wrote:I am holding my Shares in Haleon. I see them as a future HYP mainstay. Their products are in high demand, are not affected by inflationary pressures and the business can only grow from here with a worldwide market. I will add over time and am not put off by the average yield at present. Just my own thoughts however, each to his own.

I'm doing the same, holding on to see if they become 'HYP-worthy'.

That's in contrast to when I got my South32 shares, they stated at spin-off that dividends we're unlikely, so I promptly sold mine.

I don't remember them saying that. I bought more as it was a very small holding. Have since received ~20% of the purchase cost back in dividends and the holding is up by ~25%. So itrs been decent for me.

May do the same with Haleon, but will wait for the 1st results to see what they say wrt the dividend

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » August 3rd, 2022, 6:02 pm

miner1000 wrote:
Arborbridge wrote:So, what are all doing with this Haleon holding, then?

Do nothing on the principle that HYPers do that, or perhaps, don't do that?

Or flog off and redeploy? Having just returned from a long break, I'm only just getting my eye back in, but Haleon doesn't look like a HYP share for the moment.

My initial reaction is that I don't really need another rump holding with doubtful dividend hopes. On the other hand, the sector that it's in is quite useful to have, especially in this economic environment. Another possibility, is to retain the share (I doubt it'll do me any harm, and probably good) outside the HYP: just let it sit there and be ignored. At least that cuts down on any spreadsheeting!

Arb.

I am holding my Shares in Haleon. I see them as a future HYP mainstay. Their products are in high demand, are not affected by inflationary pressures and the business can only grow from here with a worldwide market. I will add over time and am not put off by the average yield at present. Just my own thoughts however, each to his own.

Miner

What tilts me towards "do nothing" is the sector they are in. I'm likely to hang on to them, but whether I stick them in my HYP spreadsheet at the moment is another matter. Purely from the "can I be bothered" POV.

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » August 3rd, 2022, 7:10 pm

daveh wrote:
May do the same with Haleon, but will wait for the 1st results to see what they say wrt the dividend

The first results are out on 19 September.

In the meantime, there was a trading statement:

https://www.haleon.com/content/dam/cf-consumer-healthcare/bp-haleon/en_US/documents/investors/Haleon%20-%20HY%202022%20Trading%20Update.pdf

MDW1954

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”