Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Diageo PLC (DGE) - Interim Results

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Diageo PLC (DGE) - Interim Results

Postby idpickering » January 30th, 2024, 7:10 am

Including this bit;

Dividend

The group aims to increase the dividend each year. The decision in respect of the dividend is made with reference to the dividend cover as well as current performance trends, including sales and profit after tax together with cash generation. Diageo targets dividend cover (the ratio of basic earnings per share before exceptional items to dividend per share) within the range of 1.8-2.2 times. For the year ended 30 June 2023, dividend cover was 2.0 times on a re-presented basis. The group will keep future returns of capital, including dividends, under review through the year ending 30 June 2024 to ensure Diageo's capital is allocated in the best way to maximise value for the business and its stakeholders.

An interim dividend of 40.50 cents per share will be paid to holders of ordinary shares and US ADRs on register as of 1 March 2024. The ex-dividend date is 29 February 2024. This represents an increase of 5% on last year's interim dividend. The interim dividend will be paid to holders of ordinary shares and US ADRs on 17 April 2024. Holders of ordinary shares will receive their dividends in sterling unless they elect to receive their dividends in US dollars by 15 March 2024. The dividend per share in pence to be paid to ordinary shareholders will be announced approximately two weeks prior to the payment date and will be determined by the actual foreign exchange rates achieved by Diageo buying forward contracts, entered into during the three days preceding the announcement. A dividend reinvestment plan is available to holders of ordinary shares in respect of the interim dividend and the plan notice date is 15 March 2024.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcem ... ts/8011679

Also posted on Company News here; viewtopic.php?p=643544#p643544

OK, not the highest yielding share, but I suspect some hereabouts hold these, so this may be of interest here.

Ian (No holding).

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Diageo PLC (DGE) - Interim Results

Postby kempiejon » January 30th, 2024, 11:20 am

idpickering wrote:OK, not the highest yielding share, but...

Quite, DGE has only occasionally been satisfactory yielder a few times, and not today. Yield got to to about 4% both times I bought 2009,10. I see I have held DGE since 2010 and income has risen from about 40p to 80p the sp has more than doubled hence the sub 3% yield these days.
I checked to see how many other FTSE 100 shares had a similar 20+ year of dividend increases. National Grid and BATS are the only ones that looks to have a high yield too.
https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/ftse-div ... th&order=1

micrographia
Lemon Pip

Re: Diageo PLC (DGE) - Interim Results

Postby micrographia » January 31st, 2024, 9:52 pm

The dividend history page for DGE on dividenddata is a thing of beauty :D . I also originally bought on a yield around 4% but have had no qualms topping up opportunistically when it approaches 3% if it would help portfolio diversification. Added some at the end of last year in fact. It’s not a bad candidate compared to the other big beasts in the sector. ULVR yields more but the divi has been static for almost 3 years now for example.

EEM

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”