Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

GSK Plc (GSK) - Final Results

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

GSK Plc (GSK) - Final Results

Postby idpickering » January 31st, 2024, 7:12 am

Including this;

Quarterly dividends

The Board has declared a fourth interim dividend for 2023 of 16.00p per share (Q4 2022: 13.75p(3) per share).

Dividends remain an essential component of total shareholder return and GSK recognises the importance of dividends to shareholders. On 23 June 2021, at the GSK Investor Update, GSK set out that from 2022 a progressive dividend policy will be implemented guided by a 40 to 60 percent pay-out ratio through the investment cycle. Consistent with this, and reflecting strong business performance during the year, GSK now expects to declare an increased dividend of 16.00p for Q4 2023 and 58.00p per share for full year 2023. The expected dividend for 2024 is 60.00p. In setting its dividend policy, GSK considers the capital allocation priorities of the Group and its investment strategy for growth alongside the sustainability of the dividend.

Payment of dividends

The equivalent interim dividend receivable by ADR holders will be calculated based on the exchange rate on 9 April 2024. An annual fee of $0.03 per ADS (or $0.0075 per ADS per quarter) is charged by the Depositary. The ex-dividend date will be 22 February 2024, with a record date of 23 February 2024 and a payment date of 11 April 2024.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcem ... ts/8013825

Also posted on Company News here; viewtopic.php?p=643830#p643830

Although I don't hold these any more, I know some hereabouts do, so this may be of interest here.

Ian.

funduffer
Lemon Quarter

Re: GSK Plc (GSK) - Final Results

Postby funduffer » January 31st, 2024, 5:01 pm

idpickering wrote:Including this;

Quarterly dividends

The Board has declared a fourth interim dividend for 2023 of 16.00p per share (Q4 2022: 13.75p(3) per share).

Dividends remain an essential component of total shareholder return and GSK recognises the importance of dividends to shareholders. On 23 June 2021, at the GSK Investor Update, GSK set out that from 2022 a progressive dividend policy will be implemented guided by a 40 to 60 percent pay-out ratio through the investment cycle. Consistent with this, and reflecting strong business performance during the year, GSK now expects to declare an increased dividend of 16.00p for Q4 2023 and 58.00p per share for full year 2023. The expected dividend for 2024 is 60.00p. In setting its dividend policy, GSK considers the capital allocation priorities of the Group and its investment strategy for growth alongside the sustainability of the dividend.

Payment of dividends

The equivalent interim dividend receivable by ADR holders will be calculated based on the exchange rate on 9 April 2024. An annual fee of $0.03 per ADS (or $0.0075 per ADS per quarter) is charged by the Depositary. The ex-dividend date will be 22 February 2024, with a record date of 23 February 2024 and a payment date of 11 April 2024.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcem ... ts/8013825

Also posted on Company News here; viewtopic.php?p=643830#p643830

Although I don't hold these any more, I know some hereabouts do, so this may be of interest here.

Ian.

Thanks for posting, Ian.

It looks like GSK are resuming a progressive dividend policy, although 60p per year only represents a yield of 3.8% based on today's closing price - not really HYP territory. However, I have owned GSK for many years so I welcome the new policy and have no intention of selling.

Haleon (HLN), the GSK spin-off, on the other hand looks like a waste of time from the HYP point of view, so I will be looking to offload this soon and re-invest in something better.

FD

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » January 31st, 2024, 5:22 pm

funduffer wrote:
Haleon (HLN), the GSK spin-off, on the other hand looks like a waste of time from the HYP point of view, so I will be looking to offload this soon and re-invest in something better.

FD

With regard to Haleon, someone might decide to offer £50bn for it..you never know.. :roll: Seriously , that is the only reason I'd hold onto it..a vain hope it will be taken over..I think it's a low probability though!

GSK shareholders should have demanded EW resigns ...

Dod101
The full Lemon

Postby Dod101 » January 31st, 2024, 8:27 pm

monabri wrote:
funduffer wrote:

FD

With regard to Haleon, someone might decide to offer £50bn for it..you never know.. :roll: Seriously , that is the only reason I'd hold onto it..a vain hope it will be taken over..I think it's a low probability though!

I am not sure that anyone else would be much better. GSK is a huge company and by its nature they cannot control when they get a breakthrough from their R and D. But things are looking up a bit now.

Dod

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » January 31st, 2024, 9:40 pm

funduffer wrote:Thanks for posting, Ian.

It looks like GSK are resuming a progressive dividend policy, although 60p per year only represents a yield of 3.8% based on today's closing price - not really HYP territory. However, I have owned GSK for many years so I welcome the new policy and have no intention of selling.

FD

Do I do them a disservice? Or weren't GSK one of those firms we used to mock for a having "a progressive dividend policy" and "recognising how important dividends are to share holder." All the while the dividend was static at 80p for nearly a decade? I sold as part of moving my unsheltered holdings into SIPPS and ISAs and it was never rebought.

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » February 1st, 2024, 12:25 am

monabri wrote:
funduffer wrote:

FD

Yes, it's for the chop for me as well.
I've also held on thinking a takeover would be great, but the B/S is all goodwill and bond liabilities. Putting the cash into even something like Diageo is going to increase dividends by six times.
torata

Steveam
Lemon Slice

Postby Steveam » February 1st, 2024, 7:17 am

The RSV vaccine from GSK seems to be doing well …

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/31/gsk-pos ... tlook.html

I’m hoping it will be rolled out in the NHS (to my age group)

Best wishes, Steve

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » February 1st, 2024, 7:53 am

If I may add this to this thread;

Statement: Zantac (ranitidine) litigation

GSK plc today confirmed it has reached a confidential settlement with David Browne, resolving the case he filed in California state court. This case was set to go to trial on 20 February 2024, and instead will now be dismissed. The settlement reflects the Company's desire to avoid the distraction related to protracted litigation in this case. GSK does not admit any liability in this settlement and will continue to vigorously defend itself based on the facts and the science in all other Zantac cases.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcem ... n-/8016114

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”