Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

AstraZeneca PLC (AZN) - Final Results

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

AstraZeneca PLC (AZN) - Final Results

Postby idpickering » February 8th, 2024, 7:44 am

Financial Performance For Full Year 2023 (Growth Numbers At CER)
‒ Total Revenue $45,811m, up 6% despite a decline of $3,736m from COVID-19 medicines[4]
‒ Excluding COVID-19 medicines, Total Revenue increased 15% and Product Sales increased 14%
‒ Double-digit Total Revenue growth from Oncology 21%, CVRM 18%, R&I 10%, and Rare Disease 12%
‒ Core Product Sales Gross Margin[5] of 82%, up two percentage points, reflecting the decline in sales of lower margin COVID‑19 medicines
‒ Core Operating Margin of 32% increased by two percentage points including the previously announced gain from an update to the contractual relationships for Beyfortus, totalling $712m and recorded as Core Other operating income. In the quarter, higher SG&A expense drove lower operating margins, partly due to phasing of expenses and increased investment in launches for Airsupra, Wainua and Truqap
‒ The Core Tax Rate for the year was 17%. In the fourth quarter, the tax rate was negatively impacted by reviews by tax authorities, administrative appeal processes and other adjustments, offset by a routine intragroup reorganisation of IP, leading to a tax rate of 10% in the quarter
‒ Core EPS increased 15% to $7.26
‒ Second interim dividend declared of $1.97 per share, making a total dividend declared for FY 2023 of $2.90 per share
‒ Total Revenue and Core EPS in FY 2024 are each expected to increase by a low double-digit to low teens percentage at CER

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcem ... ts/8027592

Ex div 22 Feb 24, paid 25 Mar 24.

Also posted on Company News here; viewtopic.php?p=645501#p645501

I hold these in my HYP, and know others here do too.

Ian.

Steveam
Lemon Slice

Re: AstraZeneca PLC (AZN) - Final Results

Postby Steveam » February 9th, 2024, 10:29 pm

It’s very rare for me to do any trading in my (not quite) HYP. AZN had become a bit overweight and I also wanted to deal with some CGT matters. I sold my holding of AZN (1000 shares) at £112, waited 30 days and bought 650 shares at £102.
This was a rare bit of top slicing and rebalancing (and CGT) action.
I failed to sell at the top and failed to buy at the bottom.
I need a new crystal ball.

Best wishes,
Steve

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”