Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Rio Tinto PLC (RIO) - Notice of dividend currency exchange rates - 2023 final dividend.

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Rio Tinto PLC (RIO) - Notice of dividend currency exchange rates - 2023 final dividend.

Postby idpickering » April 12th, 2024, 7:12 am

On 21 February 2024, Rio Tinto announced a final dividend of 258.00 US cents per share for the full year ended 31 December 2023, with Rio Tinto Limited shareholders to be paid a final dividend of 392.78 Australian cents per ordinary share and Rio Tinto plc shareholders to be paid a final dividend of 203.77 British pence per ordinary share. American Depositary Receipt (ADR) holders will receive the dividends in US dollars as announced on 21 February 2024.

The currency exchange rates which apply to Rio Tinto Limited shareholders who elect to receive the final dividend in pounds sterling or New Zealand dollars and Rio Tinto plc shareholders who elect to receive the final dividend in Australian dollars or New Zealand dollars are the currency exchange rates applicable on 11 April 2024.

This announcement confirms the currency exchange rates applicable for the 2023 final dividend for shareholders who have made a currency election:

https://www.investegate.co.uk/announcem ... es/8134260

Also posted on Company News here; viewtopic.php?p=659057#p659057

I hold these in my HYP, and know others hereabouts hold them too, so this may be of interest here.

Ian.

LucasMorro

Re: Rio Tinto PLC (RIO) - Notice of dividend currency exchange rates - 2023 final dividend.

Postby LucasMorro » April 18th, 2024, 7:20 pm

Thanks for the information on currency exchange rates for Rio Tinto PLC 2023 dividends. This is important to those of us who hold shares in this company. Given currency fluctuations, knowing current exchange rates helps you better plan your financial transactions. Your posts about company news are always useful, especially for those who are actively involved in trading in the market.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Rio Tinto PLC (RIO) - Notice of dividend currency exchange rates - 2023 final dividend.

Postby csearle » April 18th, 2024, 8:21 pm

LucasMorro wrote:Thanks for the information on currency exchange rates for Rio Tinto PLC 2023 dividends. This is important to those of us who hold shares in this company. Given currency fluctuations, knowing current exchange rates helps you better plan your financial transactions. Your posts about company news are always useful, especially for those who are actively involved in trading in the market.
Please could you respond to my colleague's private message? If not you are likely to be deemed to be, er, too robotic for us! :)

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 19th, 2024, 5:48 am

LucasMorro wrote:Thanks for the information on currency exchange rates for Rio Tinto PLC 2023 dividends. This is important to those of us who hold shares in this company. Given currency fluctuations, knowing current exchange rates helps you better plan your financial transactions. Your posts about company news are always useful, especially for those who are actively involved in trading in the market.

Thanks for your kind comment You're welcome. I'm glad to help my fellow LemonFools.

As for Rio Tinto, I'm tempted to buy more of their shares.

Ian.

77ss
Lemon Quarter

Postby 77ss » April 19th, 2024, 1:19 pm

idpickering wrote:

Thanks for your kind comment You're welcome. I'm glad to help my fellow LemonFools.

As for Rio Tinto, I'm tempted to buy more of their shares.

Ian.

Don't feed the trolls.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 19th, 2024, 1:41 pm

77ss wrote:Don't feed the trolls.

To be honest, you've lost me there, or am I just a bit dim? ;)

Ian.

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » April 19th, 2024, 3:48 pm

idpickering wrote:

Ian.

Ian, it is quite possible that you are talking to a bot, or something using AI. You will note a question posed to the OP a few posts above. From what we have seen, such posts never include a quote and there is never a reply to a comment or question. The moderators are keeping a careful eye on such posters, to see if they can be identified before posting.

This post has all the hallmarks of an AI generated message.

Best wishes

TJH

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 19th, 2024, 4:06 pm

tjh290633 wrote:Ian, it is quite possible that you are talking to a bot, or something using AI. You will note a question posed to the OP a few posts above. From what we have seen, such posts never include a quote and there is never a reply to a comment or question. The moderators are keeping a careful eye on such posters, to see if they can be identified before posting.

This post has all the hallmarks of an AI generated message.

Best wishes

TJH

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts on this. As to AI, I don't mind admitting I'm a bit dim about such matters.

Either way, back to RIO, I may well buy more of their shares soon.

Ian.

77ss
Lemon Quarter

Postby 77ss » April 19th, 2024, 5:03 pm

idpickering wrote:

Ian.

Sorry Ian - I wasn't trying to be deliberately obscure - I thought the phrase would be widely understood.

In my opinion the 'poster' is alost certainly some sort of bot.

So what, you may think. Well, any kind of response risks encouraging more of the same. Silence is better.

The world is what it is and we now have to think about who or what we are responding to - and not just the content of any post.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » April 19th, 2024, 5:13 pm

77ss wrote:
idpickering wrote:To be honest, you've lost me there, or am I just a bit dim? ;)

Ian.

Sorry Ian - I wasn't trying to be deliberately obscure - I thought the phrase would be widely understood.

In my opinion the 'poster' is alost certainly some sort of bot.

So what, you may think. Well, any kind of response risks encouraging more of the same. Silence is better.

The world is what it is and we now have to think about who or what we are responding to - and not just the content of any post.

Thanks for coming back on this, and for sharing your thoughts on this matter.

All the best,

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”