Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Handy list of HYP share tickers- version 7

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Handy list of HYP share tickers- version 7

Postby Arborbridge » May 1st, 2017, 3:20 pm

I have been actively investing for more than 25 years and have never found the need to know the EPIC codes, or their predecessors. Why would you want to know them?

Well, that's interesting Dod, for I use them frequently. In fact, why woudn't you use them?
They are quick and efficient and used on various website as shorthand. You have your own way of working and that's fine, but personally, I do find them useful. It never occurred to me that anyone would not want to use them. Why write Legal and General Group when LGEN lies so easily under the fingertips 8-)

Cheers,

Arb.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Handy list of HYP share tickers- version 7

Postby csearle » May 3rd, 2017, 10:18 am

Dod1010 wrote:Let's face it when does anyone need an EPIC code?
The spreadsheet that I devised to monitor my HYP and construct my watchlist and top-up ranking fetches, semi-automatically, dividend data etc. from various websites. It requires the use of the EPIC codes.

MrFahrenheit wrote:When someone has done a post intended to be of general benefit, I think it's churlish to suggest it's a waste of time
Indeed.

Regards,
Chris

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”