Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

BKG - there goes another £4.6m

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Davidsb
2 Lemon pips

BKG - there goes another £4.6m

Postby Davidsb » April 6th, 2017, 8:00 am

http://www.investegate.co.uk/berkeley-g ... 00117258B/

Dividend now down to 85p/share, after UBS decides that BKG shares are undervalued at £30.95 each......

http://www.investegate.co.uk/berkeley-g ... 47035719B/

Mr Pidgley decides that BKG shares are overvalued at £31.10 each.....

Moderator Message:
edited title, correct TIDM. Raptor.

StepOne
Lemon Slice

Re: BKG - there goes another £4.6m

Postby StepOne » April 6th, 2017, 9:13 am

Must be tax reasons for the sale, don't you think?

StepOne

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » April 6th, 2017, 9:37 am

Davidsb wrote:Mr Pidgley decides that BKG shares are overvalued at £31.10 each.....

Maybe, but all we actually know is that he decided to sell. Believing shares are overvalued is a possible reason to sell, but by no means the only possible reason. In particular, there are quite a few reasons why someone might need cash, have to sell something to raise it, and decide on the thing to sell on the basis that it's the least undervalued asset of sufficiently high value that they've got. Possibly with personal factors taken into account - for example, the family mansion might be less undervalued but selling it would involve considerably more personal inconvenience. Or one might be very uncomfortable having so many of one's eggs in one basket...

Selling is not symmetrical with buying in this respect: there are far fewer reasons why someone might be a "forced buyer" than why they might be a "forced seller". So if someone buys shares, it is usually fair to deduce that they think they're undervalued, or at least not overvalued - but the equivalent deduction from selling shares is fair often not a fair one.

Finally, I should say that I'm talking about possibilities in general, so please don't take any of the above as coded hints about Mr Pidgley's personal circumstances. I know nothing about those circumstances beyond the facts in the RNS - I've made no attempt whatsoever to enquire into them for this post, and don't intend to do so in the future.

Gengulphus

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » April 6th, 2017, 11:45 pm

I must admit after the rise ib share orice above £30 I thought that was it for the buy backs, but clearly not. Gut instinct is that I will shortly be selling and investjng in a share with a little more predictability on the dividend.

Terry.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”