Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Outing myself

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Outing myself

Postby MDW1954 » November 19th, 2016, 11:11 am

Some of you will know that I am Malcolm Wheatley. I wrote Fool articles for five or six years, but stopped with the move to the shorter, promo-driven features that the Fool currently publishes.

Since then, I have written twice-monthly HYP-ish "Collectives" for the Fool. These are sent out by e-mail, and later re-published on the Fool site.

What hitherto hasn't been public is that I am also The Greybeard, author of the retirement-focused articles on Monevator.

I mention this because I contributed to a thread yesterday by pointing to one of my own articles on income-centric investment trusts, and I like to be open and transparent about this sort of thing.

MDW1954

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Re: Outing myself

Postby Raptor » November 19th, 2016, 11:39 am

MDW1954 wrote:Some of you will know that I am Malcolm Wheatley. I wrote Fool articles for five or six years, but stopped with the move to the shorter, promo-driven features that the Fool currently publishes.

Since then, I have written twice-monthly HYP-ish "Collectives" for the Fool. These are sent out by e-mail, and later re-published on the Fool site.

What hitherto hasn't been public is that I am also The Greybeard, author of the retirement-focused articles on Monevator.

I mention this because I contributed to a thread yesterday by pointing to one of my own articles on income-centric investment trusts, and I like to be open and transparent about this sort of thing.

MDW1954

And a good set of articles they are greybeard, thanks for the link. Do you have a link to the article mentioned as am away and finding things on my tablet is painful.

Raptor

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » November 19th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Raptor wrote: Do you have a link to the article mentioned as am away and finding things on my tablet is painful.

That would be the link given here... viewtopic.php?f=31&t=459&p=6334#p6334

Now I know why Monevator makes such good reading. :)

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 19th, 2016, 2:30 pm

MDW1954 wrote:Some of you will know that I am Malcolm Wheatley. I wrote Fool articles for five or six years, but stopped with the move to the shorter, promo-driven features that the Fool currently publishes.

MDW1954

Hi MDW1954,

I used to enjoy your offerings on TMF, and if it is an option, I'd fully support you continuing to do the same here.

Regards,

Ian.

DiamondEcho
Lemon Quarter

Postby DiamondEcho » November 19th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Ohhhh [thick] NOW I get the connection. No wonder I sensed familiarity and a sense of comfort from the style of those sites. I look forward to exploring them at length shortly.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”