Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

October Dividend Payments and Ex Dividend Dates

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Re: October Dividend Payments and Ex Dividend Dates

Postby jackdaww » October 22nd, 2017, 9:37 am

please add my belated thanks also.

our divis were from

phoenix diageo crest nicholson greggs stobart chesnara glaxo regional reit hansteen .

these are just reinvested in our ISA's.

we have a cash buffer which is coming to its end , and will then just start selling shares , it seems simpler.

insurance has been a very good investment so far , and still look good to buy .

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » November 2nd, 2017, 10:55 pm

Link to following month's thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8119

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » November 3rd, 2017, 9:37 am

I had suggested that the listing of dividend payment dates and ex dividend dates were posted on one continuous thread, thus they would be easy to find. Though I believe the OP preferred to start new threads each month. I still think the former would be a better idea. Quick and easy to find.

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » November 3rd, 2017, 12:08 pm

richfool wrote:I had suggested that the listing of dividend payment dates and ex dividend dates were posted on one continuous thread, thus they would be easy to find. Though I believe the OP preferred to start new threads each month. I still think the former would be a better idea. Quick and easy to find.

I can see arguments both ways - you're right that one continuous thread would be easy to subscribe to / bookmark, but some will prefer to be alerted by the presence of a new thread each time a new listing is posted (possibly being interested in the listing for the data, but not in any ensuing discussion). Also, it does provide a very quick way of going to the current month's listing - just go to the start of the current thread, instead of going to the end of the continuous thread and then locate the exact post within the current page of posts, or if it isn't there, go back to the previous page of posts and look there, etc.

Not saying that those arguments should overwhelm yours, nor vice versa - just that neither solution will suit everybody, due to different ways of using TLF in general and this dividend data in particular. I.e. Wizard cannot please everyone on this - which is actually quite a common situation for OPs to be in, and that they can basically only deal with by choosing something reasonable and hoping that everyone will accept the fact that they sometimes have to be among the ones not pleased...

I do intend to keep posting the 'next thread' links at the end of the previous month's thread each time a new month's thread is started, by the way - basically a small contribution to Wizard's bigger effort that will help those who are following the old thread to know that there's a new thread to follow. Provided of course that no-one else beats me to doing so!

Gengulphus

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » November 3rd, 2017, 2:00 pm

I asked OP what he preferred and he prefers a new one per month with links to previous.

Raptor.

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » November 3rd, 2017, 11:20 pm

Raptor wrote:I asked OP what he preferred and he prefers a new one per month with links to previous.

Raptor.

If I recall there were some people in each camp, but if there is a consensus for a continuous thread I have no issue with doing that.

Terry.

CryptoPlankton
Lemon Slice

Postby CryptoPlankton » November 4th, 2017, 1:24 am

Wizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:I asked OP what he preferred and he prefers a new one per month with links to previous.

Raptor.

If I recall there were some people in each camp, but if there is a consensus for a continuous thread I have no issue with doing that.

Terry.

I suspect the only thing you're likely to find a consensus on here is the unlikelihood that you'll find a consensus on anything... :)

(FWIW, I would prefer a new one each month, but I'm very grateful for it however it comes.)

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”