Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Direct Line Trading Update

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Direct Line Trading Update

Postby idpickering » November 7th, 2017, 7:05 am

One of my more recent additions to my HYP, Direct Line, put this out today;

Trading Update for the first nine months of 2017

Highlights and outlook

·

Own brands in-force policies grew across Motor, Home, Direct Line for Business and Green Flag year on year and quarter on quarter, particularly in the Direct Line brand.
·

Strong momentum in Motor, with own brands policies up 5.5% compared to 30 September 2016.
·

The actions taken on Home across claims and underwriting to mitigate the high escape of water claims inflation have resulted in encouraging improvements in claims experience.
·

Annualised investment income yield of 2.6% is ahead of 2017 expectations due to portfolio positioning and some one-off benefits. Realised and unrealised gains net of hedging costs in the quarter were £3.4m.
·

The Group is on track to achieve a combined operating ratio around the middle of the range of 93% to 95%, assuming a normal level of claims from major weather events.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/direct-li ... 00047181V/

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Direct Line Trading Update

Postby monabri » November 7th, 2017, 7:18 pm

TMF mentions DLG today.

http://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2017/11 ... d-instead/

I topped up a little to bring DLG to 2.35% HYP along with a top up of BT. Winston Wolfe told me to do it!

;)

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Direct Line Trading Update

Postby idpickering » November 8th, 2017, 6:46 am

monabri wrote:TMF mentions DLG today.

http://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2017/11 ... d-instead/

I topped up a little to bring DLG to 2.35% HYP along with a top up of BT. Winston Wolfe told me to do it!

;)

Thanks for that monabri. That's one TMF item I missed :D . DLG form 2.5% in capital value of my 30 share HYP. I must admit though, that I normally shy away from niche stocks with such a high yield (7.8% according to digitallook), I elected to give them the benefit of the doubt, and hold them alongside Admiral Group in the sector, bringing my weighting up to 4.2% in that sector.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”