Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Taylor Wimpey Trading Statement

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Taylor Wimpey Trading Statement

Postby idpickering » November 13th, 2017, 7:04 am

"Taylor Wimpey has performed strongly during the second half of 2017, delivering excellent sales rates and making further good progress against our operational targets. While we are alert to potential political and economic risks, demand for new housing remains high across the UK and market conditions are favourable. Notwithstanding the recent small increase in the base rate, we have continued to see stability in trading patterns.

Looking ahead, we are on track to meet our full year expectations and deliver further growth and performance improvement in 2018. With a strong balance sheet in place and a high-quality landbank, our business is very well positioned to deliver sustainable growth".

https://www.investegate.co.uk/taylor-wi ... 00032404W/

I hold.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Re: Taylor Wimpey Trading Statement

Postby idpickering » November 13th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Here's a TMF item on Taylor Wimpey;

Why I’d sell Taylor Wimpey plc before the Budget

Shares of Taylor Wimpey (LSE: TW) opened a little higher this morning after the FTSE 100 housebuilder released a trading update. At 194p, they’re around the same level as just prior to last year’s EU referendum and 67% up on a low of 116p hit after the vote for Brexit.

Today’s update told us the UK housing market has remained positive, with consumer demand continuing to be robust. It said that while the company is “alert to potential political and economic risks,” it’s on track to meet full-year expectations.

http://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2017/11 ... he-budget/

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » November 13th, 2017, 4:56 pm

From today's trading statement

"We are on track to deliver FY17 results in line with our expectations, and we expect to achieve further growth and performance improvement in 2018. In FY17 we expect to deliver an increase in the operating profit* margin (FY 2016: 20.8%), a return on net operating assets** of over 30% and we also confirm the FY18 total dividend of c.£500 million, subject to relevant shareholder approvals. We reiterate our intent to make further material capital returns in 2019 and beyond, and we will provide further details at our Strategy Day next year."

Doesn't seem that much of a worry to me!

disc. I hold at 3.0% HYP

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 14th, 2017, 6:39 am

monabri wrote:
Doesn't seem that much of a worry to me!

I agree monabri, thanks for your input. I do try to ignore the noise around my holdings as much as possible, and try to remember the strategic ignorance of the HYP sport, as defined for hereabouts. TW. are a great share to hold in a HYP, offering diversification, and a cracking yield to boot.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”