Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

GNK/MARS ??

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
monabri
Lemon Half

GNK/MARS ??

Postby monabri » November 26th, 2017, 8:52 pm

How do they know this ahead of the official report on Thursday - is it speculation?

"Greene King will be crying into its beer this week when it reveals a drop in profits, as pubs face rising costs on several fronts. On Thursday it is expected to reveal adjusted pre-tax profits fell more than 8pc in the first half to £127m, on revenues of just over £1bn."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/201 ... g-sorrows/

monabri
Lemon Half

Re: GNK/MARS ??

Postby monabri » November 26th, 2017, 9:09 pm

And DB are adding.

http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlme ... d=26744639

I'm not sure if DB adding is a good thing!

CommissarJones
Lemon Slice

Postby CommissarJones » November 26th, 2017, 9:23 pm

monabri wrote:How do they know this ahead of the official report on Thursday - is it speculation?

I expect it's based on analysts' estimates.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » November 26th, 2017, 10:34 pm

Thanks monabri. I don't hold but I recall there was some lively discussion of it here earlier this year. I'll be watching GNK results with interest, it's cashflow statement looked good and it was on my shortlist but (appying the CLLN lesson) I discounted buying because I felt it wasn't quite "big cap enough" for HYP. From now on I'm sticking to my Sunday Times Top 200 list, in which it doesn't appear (although haven't checked today).

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » November 26th, 2017, 10:52 pm

moorfield wrote:Thanks monabri. I don't hold but I recall there was some lively discussion of it here earlier this year. I'll be watching GNK results with interest, it's cashflow statement looked good and it was on my shortlist but (appying the CLLN lesson) I discounted buying because I felt it wasn't quite "big cap enough" for HYP. From now on I'm sticking to my Sunday Times Top 200 list, in which it doesn't appear (although haven't checked today).

It was a year ago when I bought it.

Terry.

moorfield
Lemon Quarter

Postby moorfield » November 26th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Wizard wrote:
moorfield wrote:Thanks monabri. I don't hold but I recall there was some lively discussion of it here earlier this year. I'll be watching GNK results with interest, it's cashflow statement looked good and it was on my shortlist but (appying the CLLN lesson) I discounted buying because I felt it wasn't quite "big cap enough" for HYP. From now on I'm sticking to my Sunday Times Top 200 list, in which it doesn't appear (although haven't checked today).

Terry.

Borderline enough for me. New additions ideally will be from ftse100 in future,

Are you looking forward to this weeks profit warning? :twisted: ;)

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Wizard » November 26th, 2017, 11:40 pm

moorfield wrote:
Wizard wrote:

Terry.

Borderline enough for me. New additions ideally will be from ftse100 in future,

Are you looking forward to this weeks profit warning? :twisted: ;)

I was just trying to illustrate that you can buy a share when it meets a selection criteria, but it is no guarantee that it will continue to meet it.

In terms of the results, fingers crossed that the dividend is not cut. Did my best to provide a bit of last minute help by having dinner at a GNK pub this evening, lol.

Terry.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”