Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Greene King Results

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Greene King Results

Postby Arborbridge » December 2nd, 2017, 8:06 am

scrumpyjack wrote: re the strange graph of dividend yields, presumably this was comparing the yield at any given point in time with the share price at that time. So as the price collapsed and shares were issued at 270p in the rights issue as I recall, the 'yield' will have appeared to soar?

Yes, correct. I didn't correct for it. Because this sort of event I find quite difficult to deal with I usual confine myself to shares which have not been so afflicted, which means to pool of "normal" looking share charts diminishes over time.

I really should learn how to deal with it, buteven finding the history of what happened seems to defeat me (e.g. my recent appeal about what on earth happened with all the changes to DSGI).

Sorry for the misleading chart, but the schism was large enough to be obviously incorrect in this case.

Gengulphus,

The dividend data was downloaded from Yahoo finance. Each square is the addition of the previous 12 months dividends. The share price used was not the adjusted price which yahoo publishes but the closing price. In the case of Greene King to two are the same on the Yahoo site.

Hoping you can help me on this to find a way to improve.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”