Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

My first introduction to HYP

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: My first introduction to HYP

Postby Gengulphus » January 4th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
DiamondEcho wrote:Interesting to see how he turns over his portfolio. There are some who suggest HYP is 'invest and forget':

'Q: Your portfolios are hypothetical composites, right?
A: Yes. Each month, I recommend a new share for the current portfolio, with between 15 and 20 companies in each portfolio. After 20 months, I end up with a new portfolio.'

That's all a bit ambiguous. Is he talking about his personal portfolios - meaning there could be many of them? Or does this refer to his tip sheet, in which he could be starting portfolios for people to follow in real time. The earlier portfolios would not be applicable to people who are just starting this month - they would need new ones to follow.

It doesn't seem very ambiguous to me, because the wording makes it pretty clear that it's about tipsheet portfolios. In particular, he says that he recommends a new share each month - that is something one clearly does in a tipsheet one is running, whereas with a personal portfolio, one instead buys (or of course decides not to). Furthermore, he agrees with the statement that the portfolios are "hypothetical composites" - it makes perfect sense for tipsheet portfolios to be hypothetical, whereas hypothetical personal portfolios are rather useless at the main aim of a personal portfolio, namely to make actual investment returns!

Gengulphus

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: My first introduction to HYP

Postby Arborbridge » January 4th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Gengulphus wrote:It doesn't seem very ambiguous to me, because the wording makes it pretty clear that it's about tipsheet portfolios. In particular, he says that he recommends a new share each month - that is something one clearly does in a tipsheet one is running, whereas with a personal portfolio, one instead buys (or of course decides not to). Furthermore, he agrees with the statement that the portfolios are "hypothetical composites" - it makes perfect sense for tipsheet portfolios to be hypothetical, whereas hypothetical personal portfolios are rather useless at the main aim of a personal portfolio, namely to make actual investment returns!

Gengulphus

Well, I didn't think so either, but I didn't want to have an agressive confrontation with DE, and that's why I worded that way.

Arb.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”