Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Tesco Trading Statement

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
idpickering
The full Lemon

Tesco Trading Statement

Postby idpickering » January 11th, 2018, 7:04 am

FRESH FOOD DRIVES STRONG THIRD QUARTER & RECORD CHRISTMAS AT TESCO

· Strong third quarter performance in the UK and ROI, with like-for-like sales up 2.3%

o Continued UK market outperformance in like-for-like sales and volumes, particularly in fresh food

o Highest rate of market share growth in the Republic of Ireland for five years

· Momentum continued into record Christmas in the UK and ROI

o UK LFL sales growth of 1.9% driven by +3.4% LFL in food (including +3.7% LFL in fresh food) offset by ongoing drag from general merchandise and lost tobacco sales due to Palmer & Harvey integration

o Biggest ever sales week in the UK, driven by fresh food market outperformance of nearly 4%

o 58 million customer transactions and 770,000 online grocery deliveries in key Christmas week

· Positive Central Europe like-for-like sales growth across 19-week period reflects ongoing improvements in our customer offer, particularly in fresh food

· Asia like-for-like sales performance reflects ongoing impact of ceasing unprofitable bulk selling activities in Thailand and a further, planned reduction in promotional activity in recent weeks

https://www.investegate.co.uk/tesco-plc ... 00035505B/

Horsey
Lemon Pip

Re: Tesco Trading Statement

Postby Horsey » January 11th, 2018, 7:24 am

I must admit that over the past twelve months I have been tempted to tinker away my supermarket holdings, but both SBRY and TSCO seem to be coming back strongly.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » January 11th, 2018, 8:01 am

Horsey wrote:I must admit that over the past twelve months I have been tempted to tinker away my supermarket holdings, but both SBRY and TSCO seem to be coming back strongly.

Indeed! It's an example of self-healing, perhaps, but from a capital point of view, both my Morrisons and Tesco holdings have done well in the year or more - amongst my bettter shares. It's gone almost un-noticed, and if I hadn't been cared strictly about dividend criteria, I might even have bought more.
News of supermarkets demise at the hands of Amazon, is hopefully premature.
Arb.

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » January 11th, 2018, 8:05 am

Horsey wrote:I must admit that over the past twelve months I have been tempted to tinker away my supermarket holdings, but both SBRY and TSCO seem to be coming back strongly.

Tesco down 3.4% on market opening. I do agree with you Horsey about tinkering away the supermarket shares. I don't hold TSCO, but do hold SBRY. For now I'm just going to leave them (SBRY) alone.

Ian.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”