Nen2319

Re: Hurricane Energy (HUR)

Postby Nen2319 » May 11th, 2019, 10:33 pm

Looks like a flare above The AM tonight. :D

JoyofBrex8889
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBrex8889 » May 12th, 2019, 1:29 am

Welcome news: The Lancaster FPSO project is live with hot hydrocarbons: FOIL RNS can be expected in the near future. I will be happy to see some positive cashflow as production ramps up, as HUR funds are not infinite.

I understand Warwick Deep is now progressing also. I hope maybe in a month or two we will have some more news to enjoy.

It has been a long wait but I am hanging in there, things are just getting interesting!

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » May 12th, 2019, 10:36 pm

There's an interesting contribution from Malcolm Graham-Wood (better known as `Malcy') in this recent interview (about 5:15)

https://www.malcysblog.com/2019/05/igtv ... cket-list/

dspp
Lemon Quarter

Postby dspp » May 13th, 2019, 8:03 am

RNS Number : 7432Y Hurricane Energy PLC 13 May 2019

Operational Update: Introduction of Hydrocarbons to Aoka Mizu FPSO

On 11 May 2019 hydrocarbons were introduced into the Aoka Mizu FPSO's process system. Introduction of hydrocarbons is the final stage of the FPSO's commissioning and marks the commencement of the Lancaster EPS start-up phase. During this phase, each of the two production wells will be individually tested and shut-in for data gathering purposes. Cleaning and testing (pigging) of the flowlines for flow assurance purposes will also take place during these shut-ins. The start-up phase will conclude with simultaneous flow from both wells for 72 consecutive hours, after which a further announcement of 'First Oil' will be made.

https://www.hurricaneenergy.com/investors

JoyofBrex8889
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBrex8889 » May 13th, 2019, 11:06 am

Sweet. I note someone has been attempting to sabotage Saudi tankers which is a big geopolitical no-no, but great news for share prices in UK oil producers as A risk premium is added to the oil price.

All my tranches of HUR are now in profit, which is a good place to be!

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clitheroekid » May 16th, 2019, 10:52 pm

JoyofBrex8889 wrote:All my tranches of HUR are now in profit, which is a good place to be!

Likewise, and a pretty positive note from Morgan Stanley to day - https://www.sharecast.com/news/broker-r ... 32926.html

But I have to say it's all a bit nail biting. This started out as a speculative buy at 27p back in 2017, but I've added since then and the holding is now uncomfortably large. I would never normally have such a substantial sum in one share, let alone this type of share, as I've always considered oil exploration shares to be very high risk.

And we're at a very early stage with this - the price is betting on a successful outcome of the first drilling, and while the signs appear promising I know nowt about oil drilling and I'm concerned that I'm just reading the news as I want it to read.

So in theory I should sell some and bank the profits, but I can't help thinking that this may have a lot further to go, and if I were to sell there's no alternative share I particularly want to buy at present.

I don't like the `double the price and sell half for a free ride' advice, as it leaves me feeling I've made the wrong decision whatever happens next.

I suppose the sensible thing would be to set a stop loss, but the price can be so volatile that a temporary dip could trigger a sale that I might very soon regret.

So I suppose I'll just hang on, dreading the moment I spot a headline saying `Hurricane Well Abandoned'!

However, there are worse dilemmas to have ;)

JoyofBrex8889
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBrex8889 » May 17th, 2019, 5:55 am

You must do what lets you sleep at night CK. Take some money off the table if you need to. I have the opposite problem: The more I learn the more HUR shares I want to own.

I have some big advantages now vs 2017. I know more about the project. I know more about the management. I know more about the science and technology. We have reassuring evidence of the company executing their plan effectively.

For me today is a lower risk situation vs 2017. Valuation remains problematic with substantial geological uncertainty remaining. But that is a known unknown, and I feel that the odds are favourable.

Over the last few years I have abandoned much that I previously thought sacred about investing. I have learned that it is better to laser focus on the very best opportunities you understand deeply rather than diworsify into many choices imperfectly researched. Just dabbling is not going to give me outperformance. I need to place big meaningful stakes in shares I understand with a strong chance of positive future news flow and positive growth prospects. These are hard to find!

Buffet teaches us we don’t have to swing for every pitch. Fine, but the flip side of that is that we have to swing for a ball eventually before the inning runs out, and if we see a fair chance of hitting a home run before darkness falls, we really have to take it.

Long ago I watched others hit the jackpot with SOCO when I was too timid to hold on. For me, this is the time to bet big. I will be buying again. When opportunity knocks, if I am prepared and able to spot it, I am going to make the most of it. My price is not met, and the omens are good. Wish me luck.

JoyofBrex8889
2 Lemon pips

Postby JoyofBrex8889 » May 23rd, 2019, 4:09 am

Nice rise in share price as we await RNS for First oil. Looks like I am not the only one who was feeling positive and buying more! I wonder if there has been an opportunity for data/news/rumours to leak from the project....?

Return to “Oil & Gas & Energy (Sector & Companies)”