Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Gore Street Energy Storage Fund

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Gore Street Energy Storage Fund

Postby gbjbaanb » March 23rd, 2018, 5:18 pm

Any interest in this? It seems like a growth area that could be better than old solar or wind farms as I know a lot of renewable generation is not being added to the grid due to technical issues (and the cost NG demands to connect it ) so storage will be more and more important even if just to level the load from all the renewables.

Mostly income (FY 3% rising to 7%) with some growth.

dspp
Lemon Half

Re: Gore Street Energy Storage Fund

Postby dspp » March 23rd, 2018, 10:32 pm

Storage is definitely going to be crucial. How to invest in it successfully is very difficult to see at the level of a retail investor. The best storage businesses I know are not available to the likes of us, and I've yet to find one I could sensibly put my own money in at my own scale.

Tricksy.

regards, dspp

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Postby gbjbaanb » March 24th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Aye, that's why I thought this kind of fund might be better placed to invest in those types of things.

I was stuck more by the idea of this enabling more local power generation schemes to go ahead, storage allows them to live "off grid" for much more of the time, and the levelling plants that are increasingly required - and cheaper than running a gas turbine plant

The government have already started to consider storage, with their £750k grant to RedT recently. Maybe subsidies are next.

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » March 24th, 2018, 2:39 pm

I've had a look at the prospectus etc.

My view on this, as with almost all the other funds in this area, is that it is a nice gig if you are in the mge team but that if you are just another mugpunter then it is all downside and little or no upside. That is before one even gets to the issues associated with these particular technologies at this stage of the play.

I have various colleagues running/selling/designing/etc some of these systems. The better systems, located on the better opportunities, are not available to you and I as individuals.

Run a mile is my thought here.

regards, dspp

Return to “Oil & Gas & Energy (Sector & Companies)”