Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

UK pension funds get green light to dump fossil fuel investments

richfool
Lemon Slice

UK pension funds get green light to dump fossil fuel investments

Postby richfool » June 18th, 2018, 8:03 pm

I thought this might be of interest to Oil & Gas investors:

UK pension funds get green light to dump fossil fuel investments:
Managers of the £1.5tn invested in Britain’sworkplace pension schemes are to be given new powers to dump shares in oil, gas and coal companies in favour of long-term investment in green and “social impact” opportunities.

Government proposals published on Monday are designed to give pension fund trustees more confidence to divest from environmentally damaging fossil fuels and put their cash in green alternatives if it meets their members’ wishes. Until now many pension trustees have been hamstrung by fiduciary duties that they feel requires them to seek the best returns irrespective of the threat of climate change.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-pe ... 36749.html

Sorcery
Lemon Slice

Re: UK pension funds get green light to dump fossil fuel investments

Postby Sorcery » June 19th, 2018, 3:48 pm

richfool wrote:I thought this might be of interest to Oil & Gas investors:

UK pension funds get green light to dump fossil fuel investments:
Managers of the £1.5tn invested in Britain’sworkplace pension schemes are to be given new powers to dump shares in oil, gas and coal companies in favour of long-term investment in green and “social impact” opportunities.

More the fool them then. There is nothing moral to me about relying on windfarms & solar in the UK. We are imho going to continue to use fossil fuels until we get Low Energy Nuclear Reactons or commercial fusion or we run out of fossil fuels.

Government proposal is to enable posturings, OK until we get people dying of hypothermia in their own homes.

Return to “Oil & Gas & Energy (Sector & Companies)”