Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Vedanta Resources

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Vedanta Resources

Postby Bouleversee » September 5th, 2018, 2:08 pm

I gather the takeover is unconditional now. Is there is any point in holding on any longer and would it make sense to sell in the market (I have sufficient credit for dealing costs) rather than accept the offer and wait for them to pay out. I had been hoping it wouldn't go through as I stand to lose around £1k on my purchase price some years ago.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Vedanta Resources

Postby kempiejon » September 5th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Bouleversee, I am going to let the takeover run it's natural course, I think one is still at the whim of the currency choosing that avenue and of course saving the £12 dealing fee. When the money appears in my account I can add it to my accumulated dividends and any savings to run a search for where the money can go, until it's there as I do not have any pressing must buy places for the money, well none that are time sensitive.

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » September 5th, 2018, 2:26 pm

I won't have to pay a dealing fee as I have more accumulated credit for those than I am likely to use and I wondered if the exchange rate might be worse rather than better in future in view of the Brexit mess. I gather from the Vedanta website that the offer is still open but I have no idea when they will pay out. Do you happen to know when one would get the dosh if one accepted their offer now? As there is currently little difference between the selling price and what I would get under the offer at today's exchange rate, I am rather tempted just to sell and have the dosh ready in case a tempting offer crops up; that's if the s.p. hasn't gone down since I looked this morning.

Edit: Which I now see it has. Interesting that the spread has increased. I can't see why anyone would want to buy at this juncture. He who hesitates is lost.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » September 5th, 2018, 4:11 pm

I'm not sure of the exact times money would become available to those holders hanging on.
http://www.vedantaresources.com/investo ... offer.aspx
the De-listing is booked for 1st October so cash would come soon after I expect.
http://www.vedantaresources.com/media/2 ... elease.pdf

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » September 5th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Many thanks, Kempiejon.

Return to “Oil & Gas & Energy (Sector & Companies)”