Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

SIPP providers: a quick comparison between InteractiveInvestor, AJ Bell and iWeb

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Re: SIPP providers: a quick comparison between InteractiveInvestor, AJ Bell and iWeb

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » December 29th, 2020, 11:32 am

mc2fool wrote:
TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:Is that two separate PDFs that you email off, or do you know of a way to form a single PDF from two? If the latter I should probably re ask this in a different board.

A single PDF. I use PDFCreator, which lets you create PDFs from any application that has a Print function , including Photoshop (which is what I scan into) and Acrobat itself, and lets you merge the creation from multiple sources into a single PDF.

There are actually lots of PDF combiners around, including online ones, but I've used PDFCreator since Windows XP days and am quite happy with it so have never bothered to investigate any others. :)

Hi mc2fool,

I actually already had command line PDF merging tool on my Ubuntu Linux system, so this should be a breeze. I just needed to google a bit to figure it out. I wanted to ask you another quick question: I can see there is a field on the Direct Debit Form and the Additional Contribution Form for my "SIPP Reference number". Since I now have a "SIPP account" on my iWeb Accounts screen, I can see 2 candidate entries there, firstly the Personal reference (10 digits) and secondly the Account code (9 digits). Which of these should I enter onto the above forms?

thanks Matt

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: SIPP providers: a quick comparison between InteractiveInvestor, AJ Bell and iWeb

Postby mc2fool » December 29th, 2020, 12:48 pm

TheMotorcycleBoy wrote:I actually already had command line PDF merging tool on my Ubuntu Linux system, so this should be a breeze. I just needed to google a bit to figure it out. I wanted to ask you another quick question: I can see there is a field on the Direct Debit Form and the Additional Contribution Form for my "SIPP Reference number". Since I now have a "SIPP account" on my iWeb Accounts screen, I can see 2 candidate entries there, firstly the Personal reference (10 digits) and secondly the Account code (9 digits). Which of these should I enter onto the above forms?

I expect anyway that they'll be able to deal with receiving their full PDF filled in but with the signature page blank and attached to the same email a JPG with a scan in of the signed signature page. I've done that with other providers before where combining has been more of a faff (the IWeb one is simple in that you are just replacing the last page). OTOH merging them does avoid any potential "you haven't signed it" issues from a flunky that hasn't had their first cup of coffee yet. :D

I've only done it twice so far and the first time I put both the Personal Ref and the Account Code on the Additional Contribution Form. The second time when I emailed to check that their bank account details hadn't changed (I send them the contribution rather than having a direct debit), they gave me the reference to use, which consisted of my Account Code with "SIP3" tacked onto the end of it, so that's what I put. I expect if you just put your Account Code that'll work, or you can email them and ask....

Return to “Pensions - Practical Problems”