Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Fidelity SIPP - investing cash 'float' (question for Fidelity holders)

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Fidelity SIPP - investing cash 'float' (question for Fidelity holders)

Postby AleisterCrowley » January 15th, 2023, 12:02 am

Hello lovely people :-)
A relative of mine is working overseas and has a Fidelity SIPP
She has a cash balance in her account and wants to stick it into one of the funds in which she is invested - but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do this
Have we missed something ? She is going to send me her logon details (end to end encrypted) but it seems odd there isn't a simple 'buy' button, as I'm used to with HSDL
I have no experience of the Fidelity front end/user interface
Cheers
A :evil: C

genou
Lemon Quarter

Re: Fidelity SIPP - investing cash 'float' (question for Fidelity holders)

Postby genou » January 15th, 2023, 10:03 am

AleisterCrowley wrote:Hello lovely people :-)
A relative of mine is working overseas and has a Fidelity SIPP
She has a cash balance in her account and wants to stick it into one of the funds in which she is invested - but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to do this
Have we missed something ? She is going to send me her logon details (end to end encrypted) but it seems odd there isn't a simple 'buy' button, as I'm used to with HSDL
I have no experience of the Fidelity front end/user interface
Cheers
A :evil: C

I don't have access to a SIPP account. For a dealing account and an ISA: when you login you arrive at an account summary, which has a banner across the top of the page containing a green button to Add Cash and a white button to Invest Now. If you click on either of them, you get asked which account you want to transact in. If you click on one of your accounts you get taken to a portfolio listing of that account. The banner and buttons persist, but now don't ask you which account you want to transact in; they just go to the account you are in . For each holding listed in the portfolio, to the right of the holding there is a Deal dropdown to allow you to transact on that holding.

Either SIPPs are very different, which seems unlikely or things are not turning up properly in your relative's browser. It couldn't really be any simpler.

AleisterCrowley
Lemon Half

Re: Fidelity SIPP - investing cash 'float' (question for Fidelity holders)

Postby AleisterCrowley » January 15th, 2023, 11:49 am

Thanks, I will have a look when I get the logon details

Return to “Pensions - Practical Problems”