Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

HL SIPP Withdrawal

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

HL SIPP Withdrawal

Postby Dicky99 » February 12th, 2024, 9:25 am

On the basis that I knew I would earn zero income this tax year, for the first time I opened an HL SIPP and deposited £2880 in it.

Next year I will start receiving a DB pension which will use up my personal allowance and so I need to extract the whole lot before the end of this tax year. When I log in to the account I can't see anything related to SIPP withdrawal but not surprisingly the withdrawal to the nominated bank account is greyed out.

DAK what the process is. Is it simply a matter of phoning or messaging HL and instructing that way perhaps?

abbeymeadster

Re: HL SIPP Withdrawal

Postby abbeymeadster » February 12th, 2024, 10:55 am

I think you might just be in the wrong bit of the website. When you log in, it opens up in a general tab where you can see your pension balance, but there are other tabs running along the top.

When I did it, I seem to remember finding the option I needed in another tab - maybe "Retirement" or something like that. I managed to do it all online.

seagles
Lemon Slice

Re: HL SIPP Withdrawal

Postby seagles » February 12th, 2024, 11:36 am

Don't you need to wait for the Tax from HMRC? I have not withdrawn straight from the SIPP account, I had to transfer it to the drawdown account, but I do remember that it was not intuitive to find that option, first time. I cannot find any option to take money directly from the SIPP account. Have you tried "asking", go to "retirement", "accessing your pension", then "ask your pension question". They will get back to you.

Return to “Pensions - Practical Problems”