Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Mortgage on property owned outright

mortgage deals, ideas and discussion
Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Mortgage on property owned outright

Postby Mike4 » September 21st, 2022, 10:06 pm

Sunnypad wrote:The reason I posted the question was literally the mechanics of it - so after I do the deal, does the lender really plonk the money into my account?

I hadn't noticed that no-one has answered this question. Yes thats exactly what happens when you take a mortgage on a flat you currently own outright.

Sunnypad
Lemon Slice

Postby Sunnypad » September 21st, 2022, 10:51 pm

Mike4 wrote:
Sunnypad wrote:The reason I posted the question was literally the mechanics of it - so after I do the deal, does the lender really plonk the money into my account?

I hadn't noticed that no-one has answered this question. Yes thats exactly what happens when you take a mortgage on a flat you currently own outright.

Exciting! :D

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » September 21st, 2022, 11:02 pm

Mike4 wrote:

<ahem>

DrFfybes wrote:
Sunnypad wrote: Hello!

I sort of know the answer to this but I guess it seems so weird, I'm asking on here.

I'm looking to get a mortgage on my flat, which I own outright.

The purpose is to buy a second property in cash.

Is it really the case that if my application is successful, they loan me the money i.e. transfer a lump sum to my bank account?

Correct.

:)

Return to “Mortgages”