Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Returning goods

including wills and probate
AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: Returning goods

Postby AF62 » December 29th, 2022, 11:06 am

UncleEbenezer wrote:
AF62 wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:I should add here that I'm not happy about claiming against Visa: they're not the ones refusing to honour their returns policy! Though I guess they are someone with the clout to deal with a big retailer: perhaps that's the principle at work here?

I somehow doubt that the agreement your credit card company has through VISA and the retailer puts the card company ‘on the hook’ for the money and that it isn’t recovered from the recalcitrant retailer (assuming the retailer is still in business).

OK, to follow up, I did put in a claim to Visa. They've just written to say they've credited me the money and are raising a claim with Wayfair. This is not the end of it: they've said they'll tell me how Wayfair responds.

Sounds like they are treating it as a ‘chargeback’ which can be reversed, rather than as a s75 claim that can’t be.

If they do reverse it then just put in a s75 at that time.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 29th, 2022, 11:15 am

AF62 wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:
AF62 wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:I should add here that I'm not happy about claiming against Visa: they're not the ones refusing to honour their returns policy! Though I guess they are someone with the clout to deal with a big retailer: perhaps that's the principle at work here?

I somehow doubt that the agreement your credit card company has through VISA and the retailer puts the card company ‘on the hook’ for the money and that it isn’t recovered from the recalcitrant retailer (assuming the retailer is still in business).

OK, to follow up, I did put in a claim to Visa. They've just written to say they've credited me the money and are raising a claim with Wayfair. This is not the end of it: they've said they'll tell me how Wayfair responds.

Sounds like they are treating it as a ‘chargeback’ which can be reversed, rather than as a s75 claim that can’t be.

If they do reverse it then just put in a s75 at that time.

My interpretation (best guess) is that it might technically be reversible, but the hurdle would be high: something like if Wayfair were to deny all the correspondence and claim I'd forged all the emails from their "executiveresolution" (as well as my own to them) that formed the basis for the claim.

Which would be hard indeed, given that when I submitted the correspondence to Visa it was CC: executiveresolution@wayfair, and the latter responded to it CC: Visa.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » December 29th, 2022, 12:50 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:My interpretation (best guess) is that it might technically be reversible, but the hurdle would be high: something like if Wayfair were to deny all the correspondence and claim I'd forged all the emails from their "executiveresolution" (as well as my own to them) that formed the basis for the claim.

Which would be hard indeed, given that when I submitted the correspondence to Visa it was CC: executiveresolution@wayfair, and the latter responded to it CC: Visa.

Oh go on, don't tease us! What did executiveresolution say? :) (Does the name imply it's their CEO/MD?)

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 29th, 2022, 1:07 pm

mc2fool wrote:
UncleEbenezer wrote:My interpretation (best guess) is that it might technically be reversible, but the hurdle would be high: something like if Wayfair were to deny all the correspondence and claim I'd forged all the emails from their "executiveresolution" (as well as my own to them) that formed the basis for the claim.

Oh go on, don't tease us! What did executiveresolution say? :) (Does the name imply it's their CEO/MD?)

Executiveresolution appears to be their name for what others might call "customer services". All correspondence has been with that address since the first response to my request to return the item (which used no email address, only their web form for returns). I have no other email address for them.

But it's all a bit surreal. Their whole game appears to be to distract and confuse the customer into giving up. Either that or they're all halfwits. Or both.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”