Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Repeated Warranty Repair

including wills and probate
BobbyD
Lemon Half

Repeated Warranty Repair

Postby BobbyD » May 4th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Hi folks,

I've had to send my phone back to Sony 5 times in the last 5 months for warranty repair. Each time I'm without a phone for about a week, and it then takes a couple of days to get it back to usable regarding encryption, apps, re-importing and re-downloading and the like.

The phone is very well cared for, and there has never been the slightest question of any user input in to the problems which have arisen.

I've made my displeasure at the loss of capability and time apparent the last couple of times but all i get is you'll have to send it back. The phone is still under warranty, at what point do I have a right to demand another remedy?

Thanks for any advice

krobaa

Re: Repeated Warranty Repair

Postby krobaa » May 4th, 2018, 5:23 pm

There are two protections that you have. The first is the warranty with the manufacturer and the second is the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which is with the retailer who sold you the phone. These are totally separate although some retailers try to push you exclusively through the warranty route claiming that they cannot do anything. Sony is good company it may be worth contacting their Director of Customer Service and ask them to replace it with a new one Alternatively make a claim on the retailer under Consumer Rights Act. That number of multiple repairs clearly shows that the product is not of satisfactory quality. Read about you rights here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... rights-act
On the basis you have been without the phone I would claim a total refund and start again. Any nonsense from the retailer write to the owner/MD of the company or use https://www.resolver.co.uk
Good Luck

Krobaa

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » May 4th, 2018, 5:42 pm

Thanks.

Already been pushed down the manufacturer route by the retailer, makes me fondly reminiscent of the last phone I had to return where Amazon just issued a full refund when their repair didn't stick.

Sony having made a really good impression with the phone, have really soured their image with their customer service.

Thanks again, off to do some reading.

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » May 25th, 2018, 6:51 pm

krobaa wrote:...

Laptops Direct completely unresponsive when I went through Resolver so I've raised a payment dispute with the credit card company.

Thanks again.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”