Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Using/registering and Enduring Power of Attorney

including wills and probate
Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Re: Using/registering and Enduring Power of Attorney

Postby Infrasonic » September 6th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Lootman wrote:
Infrasonic wrote:My sister and I run our mum's affairs under a registered EPA . . I just presented the original EPA paperwork and my photo drivers licence in branch early last week, a walk in sit down desk appointment, and the accounts went live yesterday for me.

Solicitors, carehomes and EA's are the same, photo ID, original EPA paperwork, job done. IME all very painless and a common everyday procedure for all the third parties these days.

Yes, and as I mentioned earlier I also had no problems at all using my mother's EPA. And it was not registered so that's not a factor either.

As long as you have the EPA, some ID, and say the right things, it should be straightforward.

Out of interest did you specifically tell all the third parties that the EPA wasn't registered?

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Using/registering and Enduring Power of Attorney

Postby Lootman » September 6th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Infrasonic wrote:
Lootman wrote:
Infrasonic wrote:My sister and I run our mum's affairs under a registered EPA . . I just presented the original EPA paperwork and my photo drivers licence in branch early last week, a walk in sit down desk appointment, and the accounts went live yesterday for me.

Solicitors, carehomes and EA's are the same, photo ID, original EPA paperwork, job done. IME all very painless and a common everyday procedure for all the third parties these days.

Yes, and as I mentioned earlier I also had no problems at all using my mother's EPA. And it was not registered so that's not a factor either.

As long as you have the EPA, some ID, and say the right things, it should be straightforward.

Out of interest did you specifically tell all the third parties that the EPA wasn't registered?

It was ten years ago and my recall is a little foggy. But most likely I did not volunteer that information, but would have informed them if they had asked me. I do not recall being asked.

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”